Just back from the first Spirit Alaska cruise of the season!!

ruskatab

I have to agree! We are fresh off the Dream and to cure the Post Cruise Blues, today we just booked the Spirit for June 2012! :D :D So much planning to do!

One thing I did was to contact the chamber of commerce of each of the ports and requested a visitors guide. It had good info and maps! Also the Alska port boards and Seattle port boards has alot of information that was very helpful!

I took a coat but not a "heavy" one. I only used it on the balcony. I just layered to go into the ports and throughout the ship. Ruskatab - you had an aftwrap like we did.... That was the only reason I took one. But we sat out there late late at night and early mornings. I could have slept out there. :)

Weve had the aft wrap the last or 6 cruises and were spoiled. Once you got aft wrap you never go back! Trying to figure out how im going to afford it for a Mediterranean Cruise!

One thing I did was to contact the chamber of commerce of each of the ports and requested a visitors guide. It had good info and maps! Also the Alska port boards and Seattle port boards has alot of information that was very helpful!

I'm a year away from cruising and I agree!!! I've already rec'd the state tourism book and contacted the C of Cs!! Great idea!!! And I'll request the 2012's books too!

Do you have any tips on the activites on board? I've only done warm weather cruising and the late night dancing on deck and the Name that Tunes, and Trivia games, and scrapbooking, and afternoon teas, and BINGO, and nightly shows... The morning sunrises and evening sunsets... (I know they will be different times!)

Truly, I've never taken a cruise for it's ports or destinations... I cruise cause I love cruising!!!

But this cruise... I'm so looking forward to ALASKA!!! The sights and things I've never seen before! I'm thinking I have to gear myself differently for an Alaskan cruise???????

I'm a year away from cruising and I agree!!! I've already rec'd the state tourism book and contacted the C of Cs!! Great idea!!! And I'll request the 2012's books too!

Do you have any tips on the activites on board? I've only done warm weather cruising and the late night dancing on deck and the Name that Tunes, and Trivia games, and scrapbooking, and afternoon teas, and BINGO, and nightly shows... The morning sunrises and evening sunsets... (I know they will be different times!)

Truly, I've never taken a cruise for it's ports or destinations... I cruise cause I love cruising!!!

But this cruise... I'm so looking forward to ALASKA!!! The sights and things I've never seen before! I'm thinking I have to gear myself differently for an Alaskan cruise???????

One thing we didnt do and now were sorry was to go to the lectures by the Naturalist onboard. I have the Fun Times out and will look over them and see whats offered thats different. They have a solarium and it was toasty in there so possible you could swim and people were in the hot tubs.

Planning on taking the Spirit to Cabo in October so have enjoyed the insights to the ship.

For the CC member with kids we were on a HAL ship Jul Aug. to Alaska and had to drag our two Grandsons from the kids club. Would assume that Carnival has something similar.

ruskatab, I would like permission to take a copy of your picture of the border with Canada on the White Pass & Yukon Route trip. Mine that I took last year is not as close and easy to read as yours.

Thanks,

I was amazed. We also tipped our steward extra. "Conrado". He was great! Also had an aft wrap. We were on the 4th floor and was great with the extra overhang above. An aft wrap is the way to go on an Alaskan cruise...

We were on the next week and also had Conrad. He really was a sweet guy as was his assistant. We had the aft next to you- or on the other side- on 4.

Haven't read all this yet but we also had a wonderful cruise with SUN. In every port. Unbelievable.

There were still plenty of on-board activities like the trivia and some scrapbooking too. While cruising the Inside Passage the staff took chairs from the pool area and put them by the windows in the Lido Buffet, so you could inside and sip hot chocolate while watching the scenery if you didn't have a balcony or wanted access to port and starboard.

In previous threads, people have talked about a coupon book that they got at the Seattle airport. Did anyone see them?

There are two different coupon books, one of them was handed out as you boarded the ship, the other was a gift from someone else on CC. Thanks Melinda!

Planning on taking the Spirit to Cabo in October so have enjoyed the insights to the ship.

For the CC member with kids we were on a HAL ship Jul Aug. to Alaska and had to drag our two Grandsons from the kids club. Would assume that Carnival has something similar.

ruskatab, I would like permission to take a copy of your picture of the border with Canada on the White Pass & Yukon Route trip. Mine that I took last year is not as close and easy to read as yours.

Thanks,

If this is the picture you're talking about, you're welcome to take a copy.

1103432494_Alaska089.jpg.edc98d3d6ca6c53972108e588a56d640.jpg

One thing we didnt do and now were sorry was to go to the lectures by the Naturalist onboard. I have the Fun Times out and will look over them and see whats offered thats different. They have a solarium and it was toasty in there so possible you could swim and people were in the hot tubs.

I'm glad you mentioned that!!! I've heard how great the naturalists talks are... I hope to hear them!!! I'd give us the other stuff for that!!!

I love the idea or the solarium!!! I will bring my suit!!! Can you see the views while swimming on in your bathing suit??? I'd love a photo of snow in the background or glaciers or mountains and me in the hot tub... :p

I'm getting so excited!!!! :D

There were still plenty of on-board activities like the trivia and some scrapbooking too. While cruising the Inside Passage the staff took chairs from the pool area and put them by the windows in the Lido Buffet, so you could inside and sip hot chocolate while watching the scenery if you didn't have a balcony or wanted access to port and starboard.

WOW!!! I love the idea of sipping and sitting watching the scenery! ...And I do like enjoying the cruise!!! Thank you!!!

Thanks,

I dont mind you taking a copy of the picture of all!

I took gourmet hot chocolate with us and after we drank our coffee from room service I kept the container and we filled it with the hot water from the buffet so we didnt have to keep running up for hot chocolate while we were doing the inside passage.

I took gourmet hot chocolate with us and after we drank our coffee from room service I kept the container and we filled it with the hot water from the buffet so we didnt have to keep running up for hot chocolate while we were doing the inside passage.

EXCELLENT IDEA!!! Thank you!!

This make so much sense. I would think you could even fill it at the buffet for future drinking... WOW!!! Now why have I never thought of that for Mom as we cruised. She's in a wheelchair and loves her cocoa... I have just carried a tray with three cups for her, back to the cabin...

Duh....

You are SO SMART!!!!! :cool:

:)

EXCELLENT IDEA!!! Thank you!!

This make so much sense. I would think you could even fill it at the buffet for future drinking... WOW!!! Now why have I never thought of that for Mom as we cruised. She's in a wheelchair and loves her cocoa... I have just carried a tray with three cups for her, back to the cabin...

Duh....

You are SO SMART!!

:)

LOL!! No we just travel alot and not just cruising!

I never thought bi-lingual in the Yukon would be french... :confused:

Not so confusing...The Yukon is part of Canada and Canada's two official languages are English and French. Not that all us Canadians speak French though. I failed it in grade 10. :o

Your talking about carrying drinks on a tray to the cabin is making me wonder if I should pick up a small tray at the dollar store to make life easier for the midnight pizza and drinks runs.

Not so confusing...The Yukon is part of Canada and Canada's two official languages are English and French. Not that all us Canadians speak French though. I failed it in grade 10. :o

Your talking about carrying drinks on a tray to the cabin is making me wonder if I should pick up a small tray at the dollar store to make life easier for the midnight pizza and drinks runs.

Just get one from the buffet or keep the one from room service in your room. You can tell the room steward your using it for the week.

Just get one from the buffet or keep the one from room service in your room. You can tell the room steward your using it for the week.

Thanks, we haven't ordered room service in the past and I don't remember buffet trays on other ships. Probably just slipped my mind.

Yummy _ I would like to bring a small air line bottle of cognac or whiskey to warm up my tea or coffee -- that usually knocks any cold out of me really good. Guess I can get a shot at one of the bars. :D I don't use the whole thing at a time. Just a bit can give that hot drink a severe kick and warm you up. Especially if you are cold to the bone. ;)

Thanks, we haven't ordered room service in the past and I don't remember buffet trays on other ships. Probably just slipped my mind.

K&Csailing -- we use room service especially in the morning. Very nice --Great alarm system that comes with hot drinks, juice & somethin' somethin'. Have had no problems in the past.

Border pictures!

225850_10150176234077779_671242778_6938358_1356405_n.jpg

222888_1682591671867_1449857741_31333778_6283445_n.jpg

Humpback in front of Glacier

229120_1681486244232_1449857741_31332435_1685917_n.jpg

AWESOME!!!!! Snow gave me the chills, tho. In Florida for reason - snow shoveling in past & brrrr cold on Minnesota.

Where did you take the humback picture?

Archived