50 budget??

sassy_mrsjay

that's going to be hard in belize, unless you are happy for a quick tour aorund the city (very poor and not pretty) or grab a tender out of one of the cayes for a beach day.

belize is a adventure spot...some of the best mayan ruins around (long day trips and very worth while!) and cave tubing, snorkeling, diving, etc.

many do ship excurions here, since most of the tours are long and far from the ship.

the zoo is suppose to be interesting, is different since it's a rehabe for the local wildlife.

Do you mean $50 total, or $50 per person?

If total, you can take a tender to the tourism village & have a couple of beers & share a couple of appetizers.

If you mean pp, you might consider going to Caye Caulker. There are a couple of active threads here about diy trips there using the water taxis. Cost to get there & back is $20 pp for the adults, half price for kids. Once you're there, you can eat & drink for pretty cheap. Went over with my wife & 2 young kids (7 & 5); we swam/snorkeled, had lunch & a few drinks (sodas for the kids, beer/mixed drinks for wife & I). Iirc, our food/drink cost was only around $25 total for 2 adult meals (fish, lobster) and a kids meal (fried shrimp that we convinced them was chicken nuggets with a tail you aren't supposed to eat; I ate some of the shrimp & it was fantastic).

The Caulker trip isn't for everyone, you have to be at least a little bit adventurous. But it is truly the best day I've ever had on a cruise; enjoyed it such that our next vacation will likely be a week's stay on the island.

For about $40pp you can go to Goffs Caye. I believe this is offered thru Carnival or private from http://belizecruiseexcursions.com/BeachSnorkelingBelize.htm

When I go to Belize, I take a $109 excursion to Ho Chan reef and then Sand Pedro. I prefer to do it thru the ship just in case we are late as the ship won't leave without us. With a private tour there is always the risk of missing the ship. It takes about 45 minutes to get to the reef from the Tourist Village.

Enjoy

Archived