My Photo Trip Review of the 4-30-11 Sailing of the Dream and our Vacation

TeknikDC2

Hey everyone. I know its been awhile but I havn't had any new cruises to report on. Anyways I didn't want to start a new thread for this but as those of you who followed this trip report from April/May know that my wife and I were expecting our first child during this trip.

Anyways I just wanted to share that on September 26th Daniel Glen was born at 8:59pm weighing 6.3 pounds and 21 inches long. He is doing great and so is the new mom dispite having to have an unplanned c-section.

Many of you commented to keep you updated when our child came so I just had to let you all know. Thanks to all the great support I got here at cruisecritic. You guys all rock.

IMG_3741-2.jpg

Hello TeknikDC2, I just started reading your review on yesterday and I thoroughly enjoyed it. It was also a very nice surprise to see your beautiful baby boy at the end. Thanks for sharing.

Congrats to you and your wife!! May God continue to bless your family. Take care and again thanks for sharing your vacation with us.

I can not wait to sail the DREAM in 2012.

The baby is gorgeous. Congrats to the new family. I was just thinking of the you guys the other day and wondering if the baby arrived yet. Your review made me decide to book the whole family in Disney next April-May. All the best to the 3 of you. :)

Sandi

Congratulations on your son! You are truly blessed. Thanks for sharing your new arrival - I read through your entire review and wondered if you would wrap up the entire story with the birth of your child. Thanks again and I look forward to reading all of your reviews as well. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Congratulations!! You're son is a lil cutie pie!! Hope all is well with you, "Mommy" / Kiera and son. How is the family doing? He's about 5 months now right?

Just as you started this review and I was following it, my husband and I found out we we're/are expecting as well. Now I am just a week away from my due date with our son!!

I just found this review, a few months late, haha. But I read the whole thing and really loved it! I'm from SC, and I love how you documented your trip to Charleston because it brings back a lot of memories for me. We did the Fantasy from Charleston a few years ago, you can read my review if you want but it's nowhere near as good as yours!

Boiled peanuts are totally amazing too- husband and I get them for every cruise we go on, or road trip. It's just our thing to eat in the car.

We're considering doing the Dream this year for our cruise, and it was great to read a review from someone young, no kids (at the time of the cruise) who sailed it and what you guys did. We're both 26, and no plans for kids anytime soon, but it was neat reading from a 20something perspective, I guess. We will definitely check out the Mayan Ruins in Costa Maya.

Between your review and another one on here, we're pretty much sold on the Dream now :).

Congratulations on the birth of your son! I hope everything is still going well with mom and baby, and just think- one day you can show him this and he can see his first cruise :).

Hey everyone. I know its been awhile but I havn't had any new cruises to report on. Anyways I didn't want to start a new thread for this but as those of you who followed this trip report from April/May know that my wife and I were expecting our first child during this trip.

Anyways I just wanted to share that on September 26th Daniel Glen was born at 8:59pm weighing 6.3 pounds and 21 inches long. He is doing great and so is the new mom dispite having to have an unplanned c-section.

Many of you commented to keep you updated when our child came so I just had to let you all know. Thanks to all the great support I got here at cruisecritic. You guys all rock.

IMG_3741-2.jpg

I just saw this and what a handsome young man he is. Congratulations to the both of you.

So glad you updated the review to share your joyous news. Your baby boy is so handsome and know you all are so happy about having a new member of the family. Your review was great and I enjoyed the numerous pictures and descriptions of the Carnival Dream since we will be cruising the Dream in October 2012. You always write the best reviews on CC and I somehow missed this one. Best to you all and know you will be cruising again soon!!! Thank you for sharing. ;)

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

A huge thank you for a wonderful travel review. I enjoy reading all of your reviews.

I know it has quite a while since you finished your review but I just came across it several days ago. A lot has happened in my life over the last few months and I have not even considered logging on cruise critic until now. I have been extremely busy at work lately, logging nearly 60 hours of work each week. That leaves little time for reading anything.

However, now that some of the bills have been paid after my wife passed away earlier this year, I am actually considering on travelling in 2013. I received a cruise critic deals alert, several weeks ago, on a cruise, offered by Carnival Cruises, to Hawaii in autumn 2013. I am seriously considering on registering for that cruise. Always wanted to travel to Hawaii.

It starts and ends in Los Angeles; so I thought about staying in Los Angeles for a few days prior to and after the cruise. I read your 2008 review of California and found myself inspired to visit some places there.

Any advice or suggestions on places to visit and avoid while in Los Angeles? Also, is the air really that polluted as I have read in the media?

A belated congratulations on the birth of your son. Daniel Glen. I believe he is now 13 months old and quite likely walking around the home already.

Those are fun moments.

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone. Its been a while since I have visited the Cruising Side of the Internet and didn't even realize that this thread was still somewhat alive. Thanks for all the support and love you give from the congrates on Daniels Birth.

As you can tell by the dates that little guy isn't a baby anymore and is now 15 months old. He walks, runs, and climbs everywhere now and is as fun as you can have with a Toddler his age. He's been a huge blessing in both Kiera and I's lives. We love being able to be his Parents.

We unfortunatly have not had the chance to cruise again since our cruise last year on the Dream before Daniel was born. Its even sadder for us to think that with 2012 ending Tomorrow it will mark the first year that Kiera and I have Not cruised since we got married. We are itching for another cruise very badly now hahaha.

With our new family we did something different with 2012 by making it our Year of Disney. In April we took Daniel on his first vacation when he was 7 months old to Orlando, Florida where we spent 5 days at the Walt Disney World Resort and 3 days at the Universal Orlando Resort. We had a great time on this trip although a 100% theme park vacation was a completly different change of pace then what we were use to from our usual Cruise vacations.

I know some of you have said you've enjoyed reading my trip reports. Even the ones that aren't cruise related. I'm happy to say that I am still writing these very detailed and photo intense trip reports and so I figured I would share the links to our Year of Disney adventures.

Our April 2012 Walt Disney World and Universal Orlando Trip

Day7MagicKingdom414.jpg

But the Year of Disney wasn't over yet. We just got back 2 weeks ago from the West Coast where we spent 8 days in Southern California spending 3 Days at the Disneyland Resort and 2 days at Universal Studios Hollywood. With the Florida trip being nearly too much though we decided to make the California trip a bit easier and scheduled many days where we didn't visit any of the Theme parks. It was nice to have break days on this sort of trip and plan to do so again for future Theme Park trips as it worked out great. Of course it still wasn't the pace we know and love about Cruising. Daniel was nearly 15 months old on this trip and obviously since we just got back its still a work in progress.

Our December 2012 Disneyland and Universal Studios Trip

Day7DisneylandResort297.jpg

So what does 2013 have in store for our little family? Will we return to Cruising this year? We sure hope so. In 2013 Kiera and I will be celebrating our 5th Anniversary and had planned on doing another Cruise to celebrate. However those plans may be changing do to Kieras Family planning to do a huge Family vacation sometime in the summer of 2013 and we won't be able to afford to do both. We are trying to kick around the idea of doing a big family cruise or even going to Hawaii. But right now I think they are leaning towards another 10 days in Orlando. Only time will tell but as for now i'm keeping my fingers crossed that we will be able to Cruise again at some point in 2013.

One things for sure. Once a cruise is booked. You guys will be one of the first to know. We diffenitly need another Cruise in our lives.

Thanks again to all of you here. You guys are all great. I truely appreciate it.

Daniel is an adorable little man! Sorry to hear of no cruises yet, but at least you're still able to get in your Universal fix! Have the grandparents watched him? Would you leave him? (I know that's a touchy subjects for parents so you don't have to answer if you don't want.)

We too have had a little boy that joined our lives. He is 10 months now, and we plan on including Ethan in on cruises starting 2014 (he'll be close to 2 years old). Granted it will take a while to save up for his added expense, but at least (hopefully) he'll be eating their food and enjoying some activities.

Daniel is an adorable little man! Sorry to hear of no cruises yet, but at least you're still able to get in your Universal fix! Have the grandparents watched him? Would you leave him? (I know that's a touchy subjects for parents so you don't have to answer if you don't want.)

We too have had a little boy that joined our lives. He is 10 months now, and we plan on including Ethan in on cruises starting 2014 (he'll be close to 2 years old). Granted it will take a while to save up for his added expense, but at least (hopefully) he'll be eating their food and enjoying some activities.

Thank you. Congrates on your little one as well. The grandparents watch him a couple times a week do to mine and Kieras work schedules. However we have never left him overnight before. I would feel comfortable leaving him however Kiera isn't ready for that lol. We are gonna leave him overnight though next month for our wedding Anniversary so we will see how that goes lol. Still we wouldn't be ready to leave him at the grandparents for a long period of time. When we do make our return to cruising Daniel will be coming along with us. Even at the added expense he will be.

Again, a huge thank you for a wonderful travel review. I enjoy reading all of your reviews. And yes, I can appreciate that your travel plans have to change now.

I love the reviews and photos of both Disney World and Disney Land.

It is 2013 now, and I am looking forward to the cruise in October to Hawaii. Planning to visit Los Angeles and see some of the sites before and after the cruise.

Still hoping that fellow Cruise Critic members can give me some ideas, tips and general knowledge of the area, as I have never travelled to Los Angeles, or

anywhere in California for that matter.

Archived