Manhattan Cruise Port parking

2boyzmom

We used the parking in Manhattan last summer. It was great! My husband pulled right up to the front of the pier, I got out with the luggage and he went and parked. I don't remember the exact cost (I think around 10$ a day). The gate was locked when everyone was on board. When we returned we got in the car and sped home. I am trying to find another cruise leaving out of NY because it was so painless

Sue

I just did a search on this website and found some old messages. It gave the NYC cruise terminal website which was cool. Told me how many ships are coming and going on our departure date. Leaving looks good but coming back is bad since there will be 2 other ships in port!

The word of the day is ... patience! We found the PST easily accessible - coming from the north, we dropped down the West Side Highway and there was an exit for the terminal right from the highway (near 56th Street). You do need to drop off your luggage with a porter before you park the car; there are no elevators from the parking lot (on top of the pier) to the boarding area, and they don't like your taking luggage on the escalator - although we ended up doing just that, since we didn't know better!

We returned with three ships in port as well, and the pick-up area was a madhouse! You will need to designate one person to get the car, then bring it around to street level - and you'll be competing with all of the taxis and limos picking up pax as well. After a relaxing week, it was certainly a return to reality for me! I recommend trying to find an out-of-the-way place to wait with your luggage; and if you have an extra person handy, have them stand near the curb to spot your driver. (My 13 YO earned his keep at the pier!)

I don't fly so I am limited and usually drive to Florida. Last Sept. went out of NYC and loved it. Husband parked the car and I waited for him as We got there early and passengers were still disembarking the ship. It was quite crowded at the entrance and hard to get a porter. So when He returned from the parking lot, We preceded to find a porter. Bit of a task. We were born and raised originally in NYC so We are use to the hassel and bustle of NYC so We took it in stride. We just returned from Fla. last week and that I95 is a "Killer"! We plan to find another cruise out of NYC. It is a long drive and a dangerous one. I

Archived