Queen Elizabeth - Wi-Fi in Cabins?

bh99mh

Hi there,

Can anyone tell me if there is Wi-Fi in the cabins of Queen Elizabeth? We have just returned from the Queen Victoria 16 day voyage and it made such a difference to have Wi-Fi directly into the cabins as this was not the case on the Queen Mary (that may have changed by now).

Also, when you become 'gold' members you get 2 hours complimentary internet time. Does this apply to both my husband and myself (4 hours in total) and if so, would we just open up separate accounts?

Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks.

We were on the Q Victoria for 31 days in Jan,-Feb. of this year. It seemed the only time to use the internet was while in port since it was soooo slow at sea. We used the internet room and not our own computers. Would that make a difference? Our son would love to take cruises but does a lot of work from his computer and couldn't deal with the sea days hampering a quick connection.

Our son would love to take cruises but does a lot of work from his computer and couldn't deal with the sea days hampering a quick connection.

Don't you get holidays at work in the US?

The internet improves when most people aren't using it. That's the key to getting usable speed.

WD

Is the WiFi in the cabins on QM2 free or is it chargable by the hour like the internet room?

It is subject to the same charges wherever you connect, whether you use your own laptop or the ship's computers.

T

Hi 'Treasurer' - Like your son I have to do some work whilst on holiday as I am the editor of a small monthly magazine and have deadlines to meet. I found it a joy to be able to use my laptop in my cabin on the Queen Victoria and I was aboard from 24th April to 10th May just gone. Whether at sea or in port I had great reception and I was able to email a 32 page Quark Express document to my Printing firm with no problem. and also received 32 page .pdf files with no problem.

I also found it a lot quicker than using the 'computer' room. As had been previously said, pick your times as I found that first thing in the morning or late at night was even quicker.

Having to do a bit of work whilst on a cruise certainly would not stop me going on cruises. Glad to hear Wi-Fi is now in the cabins of the Queen Mary as we will be doing a cruise on her in September.

Thank you Captain for your updates and for your never-ending mine of information. It is appreciated.

Is the WiFi in the cabins on QM2 free or is it chargable by the hour like the internet room?

Actually, be glad there is a charge for it. IF it were free, with all the laptops on board, the service would be slower than dialup and I'm talking 300 baud dialup.

Archived