Need to be talked into accepting Sheraton Yankee Clipper

claud925

I really screwed up when I thought I would get the Hyatt Pier 66 on a priceline bid ... instead I "won" the Sheraton YC in Ft. Lauderdale ... :eek:

Unless someone seriously talks me out of it - I will "eat" the amount of my bid and make a reservation at Lago Mar ... I just know that I will NOT enjoy the YC.:confused:

Hi Leanin,

I see you'll be boarding the Star as I leave it!

No, while I haven't stayed there personally, there are a few reviews that I've read on these boards that do not give such glowing praise ... if you do a search in this thread under "Sheraton Yankee Clipper", you'll see what I mean.

Why on earth would you want people to talk you into to staying some place that you have already stated that you know you will not like. And in all honesty if you can afford the Lago Mar then "eating" the $60 or $70 you paid for the Yankee Clipper really probably isn't much of an issue.

We liked the YC just fine. We got it for $60 on Priceline by bidding for a 3 star hotel in the beach zone. Obviously it is not as high end as the Pillars or the Lago Mar or the Hyatt, but the location was great, the staff were all fantastic and the room was clean and comfortable. It was definitely worth every penny we paid.

Claud- me too, I booked on Priceline for a 3/4 star at the beach and got YC. Offered more than 60 tho- can't afford to lose it, so I'm going to stay. Its only for one night and I do have a great cruise to look forward to after so...

Make sure you bring that ship back safely for me ok?

Hi Leanin,

I'll make sure to bring the Star back to you safe and sound.;)

I'll wait and see with regards to the YC . . . you are right, after all, it's just one night . . . how much did you wind up getting it for, anyway? Their website is charging $169/night.

why is it that people will spend thousands of dollars for a cruise, and then use price line and get a room for $60 or what ever price you get, for one night and then worry that the hotel might not be up to your liking? I made my reservations last july booked the clipper for $160 a night for two nights. I stayed there before is it the ritz? no. It's funny when you read reviews and people say "Iwill never stay there again the carpet had a stain, the window had a smudge, the maid did'nt smile when I said high ect... You used priceline to save a few bucks, for one night pre cruise you are probably traveling with family, just enjoy your self forget about the stains and so on

heck I would sleep in the lobby for $60.

P.S. the ritz is all booked!

Claud-

It seems that your original question of whether to stay or not sure brought out the flamers. I have been telling my friends how helpful and kind and all everyone is here on CC's. I guess not ALL it would seem...

Anyway I got it for 75 so its just over 80 with tax. I will be having a drink in the Wheelhouse to VAVO with the 70 odd dollars I saved!

Have a great weekend!

Leanin

Claud-

It seems that your original question of whether to stay or not sure brought out the flamers. I have been telling my friends how helpful and kind and all everyone is here on CC's. I guess not ALL it would seem...

We are all helpful and kind, some are just more opinionated and verbose than others.

just watch out for the bugs and mildew in the $70 rooms

EEEEwwwwwwwww!! Well we were there in October and I am happy to say our room was free of both bugs and mildew. YUCK!!!

I really screwed up when I thought I would get the Hyatt Pier 66 on a priceline bid ... instead I "won" the Sheraton YC in Ft. Lauderdale ... :eek:

Unless someone seriously talks me out of it - I will "eat" the amount of my bid and make a reservation at Lago Mar ... I just know that I will NOT enjoy the YC.:confused:

We stayed there a couple of years ago and it was fine and it's right on the beach. Lorelle

Archived