Mountainbreeze's B2B Destiny review - long w/ pics

dh and i did a b2b on the freedom in october........we were told we did not have to go to the muster drill..........we just had to be in our cabin and not walking around the ship until the drill was over.............

cheryl

Don't you just love the seaglass? Last year we spent a week on a small Fiji island and I collected a lot of pieces. They are now sitting in a clear glass bowl on my coffee table and they catch the sun just right. :) A beautiful (and free :D) souvenir.

crusin*tigger - YES! I really do love the seaglass! We put ours in little jars, and yes, they are really pretty when the sun hits them! I do love the free souvineers best!!:)

I'm really enjoying your review & pictures! Great job so far! I've been to Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay & Nassau on the Carnival Miracle, and have similar pics of the beach/cabana at HMC. I'm strongly considering a mother/daughter cruise on the Destiny to Ocho Rios & Grand Cayman in Oct for my DD's 25th birthday, so I'm very much looking forward to your notes/pics of those ports!

Hello KittymommaX2 - I'm so glad you are enjoying the review, Thank you for your kind words! You and your daughter would have a great time on the Ocho Rios, Grand Cayman cruise on the Destiny! I've started the second half of my B2B review, and I will be at the Jamaica & Grand Cayman part in the next day or two. :)

FYI Mountainbreeze--My DH was never into cruising as much as I am. We took our first cruise together in 2002. He has 4 cruises to my 16, but guess what? Now he looks for cruise deals as much as I. Our last cruise in Feb was a surprise birthday cruise for me! Your DH may have just been bitten by the cruise bug too!:D Happy cruising!

alreadypacked - Yes, I hope the cruise bug got to Tim! I haven't mentioned it in a few days, I thought I would let him settle back into real life........but I would sure love to book another cruise! :)

Congratulations on your wedding! You two look like a sweet and fun couple. I'm loving reading your review. I can feel your happiness. Congrats again and I can't wait for the rest!

mama_2_boys ~ Thank you for all of the compliments! We really did have fun on our cruises, but just wait until you read the part in my review about the breakfast we had to endure in the MDR......:eek: It's coming up in my review in the next day or so! :)

You are doing a great job with this review. Destiny was also our first ship so we have an emotional attachment to her as well.

To return the favor of the Liberty pic in an earlier post, here is one of the Destiny embarking last Jan while we waited aboard Liberty for our turn:

1165492530_zziVM-L-2.jpg

I'm lovin your review! Great pics and details! I always have to have a magnet for the fridge wherever I go and I like your "keychain turned magnet". How lucky to have the adults only pool all to yourself. I'll have to check it out myself some evening. I'm glad you posted review and pics of Jack's Shack. We are headed there ourselves. Looks like a good place to hang out while away from the heavy crowds at Margaritaville.

I'm looking forward to the rest of your review.

abisha ~ Thanks for the nice comments! Yes, I HAD TO HAVE a magnet from HMC and I'm glad I thought to grab the keychain and alter it! My HMC magnet is my favorite!!

Yes, the adults only pool had some times where it was empty or near-empty. Mostly early mornings or later at night. They close the rolling roof thing about 8:00 PM, but the hot tubs and pool were open later.

Have a great time at Jacks Shack! It was a wonderful place to hang out! Tim and I did a good job at avoiding crowds for most of our cruise, and Jack's Shack was perfect for us!!! I want to go back there!:)

LOL Welcome to Miami!! I don't know any time of day you can't find at least a little bit of traffic.

mrsgomez2011 - The last part of our drive in Miami before we got to the airport sure was bad! I think it also seemed worse since we were navagating a strange town, but we sure did LOVE Miami! Beautiful place!!:)

Congrats on the wedding and finding your family,Enjoy your weekend and i expect to be reading more of this review on monday,considering you got me geeked:D:D:D

Hi re-re! Thanks! Glad you are hooked! I had a wonderful weekend, and now I have begun to post the 2nd part of my review! :) Sorry for the wait!

mrsgomez2011 - The last part of our drive in Miami before we got to the airport sure was bad! I think it also seemed worse since we were navagating a strange town, but we sure did LOVE Miami! Beautiful place!!:)

I love it here too. :) That's why I'd never move anywhere else.

How did it go meeting your brothers???

I just have to tell you that this review is just AMAZING! Congrats on your wedding! The Destiny was my first cruise and I actually met my husband on her. We were assigned to the same dinner table! We married on the Sensation and in just a week and a half we are cruising the Jamacia/Grand Cayman trip on the Destiny again!! I can't wait for the rest of your review! It's been 7 years since we've been on the Destiny and that time it was to st.thomas, Aruba, Barbados and Dominica... so a totally different experience!

Congrats again! and Thanks for such a great review and great pics!

GRAND TURK CONTINUED:

P5040187.jpg?t=1305688481

Congrats on your marriage!!!

This is such a fabulous picture... I will be doing this in 32 days!!! I can't wait.

Grand Turks is an island I want to cruise to one day....

It looks so beautiful, I put in my favorites that bar that you guys ate and sat by with water... One day, I will be sailing to it...

Thanks..

This is one of those GREAT reviews with details, commentary and beautiful pics. I swear I feel like I am right there with you!

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks Lipz! I'm so glad you like my review! I promised you I would write one!

Yours will be coming up soon!!! :) I'm so happy for you! How is the planning going??

WOW meeting with your brothers you have never met! That is AMAZING!! I am so happy to read this review as I am leaving on the Destiny on 7/7/11. You're doing a great review! Enjoy the time you have with your family!:)

Thanks Jeninfla708! Yes, It was quite amazing to meet my brothers! And that meeting came just one week after I spent 10 days on the Destiny! I've had a great month! :)

What ports are you stopping at on your Destiny cruise? Aren't you so excited??!!

Without a doubt one of the best reviews I have ever read on CC!!!:D I am waiting for you to finish so I can continue my first B2B LOL I am so happy for you and your new found brothers, you have many wonderful years to enjoy eachother and I hope you do!!!! Also, congratulations on your wedding, my DH are celebrating our 20th, June 23rd on the Glory and are counting down the days.:p Happy Cruising

Excellent review and congratulations on your wedding!

Enjoy your vacation and time with your family and I look forward to reading the other half of your review.

Thank you so much for taking us along on this journey with you, I feel as though I was there, LOL.

Thanks Denise2000! I appreciate your kind comments! :)

You need to let us know how meeting your brothers went!!! I'm so excited for you!

mrsgomez2011, Hi Again! My weekend with my brothers went very well! We talked a lot and spent quality time together. We were amazed at how much alike we all are. Our DNA runs strong!

Their families are wonderful! They all welcomed me with open arms!

When I hugged my brothers goodbye at the airport, I got a little sad. I didn't want to leave them!

After I looked for them for so long, it was really a dream come true to actually meet them. Really, It was huge for me!

I'll see them in July when we all take our families to St Louis for a huge family reunion with our birthfamily.

excellent job. i really enjoyed and am really looking forward to the next phase.

LBumb, Thanks for your sweet comments! I'll be posting more of the review tonight after the house quiets down for the night.

I just noticed you are from St Charles, Mo. I'm hosting a HUGE family reunion for myself and my brothers to meet our birthfamily in st Charles this July!

We are holding the reunion at the Weldon Spring city hall (our g g grandfather named that town) and the mayor is going to be there at the reunion to name us honorary citizens!

Our birthfamily is related to Daniel Boone (he was me and the twins's 6th great grandfather!) and I'm sure you know he lived the end of his life in St Charles.

Because of my long and detailed search for my brothers, and my rich birthfamily history in that area (plus, we were all born in St Louis) I have become quite big into the genealogy world. I do family history research, mostly in St Charles, and I run a website for St Charles genealogy.

:)

Enjoying your review!!! Congratulations on the wedding! Thanks for letting us share in your day and your cruise. I hope things went well for you this weekend meeting your family.

Thanks for posting the picture of the Fantasy. We were in Nassau on the 6th on the Fantasy. Here are some pics of the Destiny as she was leaving Nassau on May 6th. I thought you might enjoy them.

cruise172-2.jpg

cruise170-1.jpg

cruise171-1.jpg

cruise186-1.jpg

THANK YOU SO MUCH kjeanne2001!!! Thanks for posting those pictures! I can see the window in the aft dining room where Tim and I were sitting having dinner at the EXACT time you were taking those pictures!! :)

Tim just said he thinks you are very kind to post those pics! He said Thank You!

Is it time for more yet :D I have been trying to be patient and it is not my strong suit! LOVING this review!

Sorry cruisinJenF!!! Patience isn't my strong suit either! I'm glad you are enjoying the review! More coming as soon as my pics upload.........:)

Archived