Mountainbreeze's B2B Destiny review - long w/ pics

Sweet, we're on the starboard side, and hopefully far back enough from the palladium (technically we're over the gift shop) that we won't hear any noise.

samrothstein, If you are over the gift shop, you should be just fine. The gift shop was quiet, plus it closes fairly early each night.

Good you got the starboard side! At least for our B2B ports, that was the side with the most to see from the balcony cabins when we were pulling into the ports.:)

as long as no new data has been written to the card, it should be recoverable. if new data has been written, then some of the data will be lost.

We did take more pictures after the files were deleted, but I'll still try to recover the data just in case its still there!:)

We are not doing any excursions in Jamaica,would you recommend that we don't leave the ship while we are there?

Berwyn ~ Well, I don't think I would recomend that you stay on the ship the whole day. Its JAMAICA!!! I think you should at least get out and see how it feels for you. You can stay very near the port, and go back to the ship easily.

We were never scared, and we never felt threatened at all in Jamaica. We were just a little "guarded" after we realized how agressive the locals were. (I mean verbally agressive, not physically!)

We really didn't have any trouble! I don't want to scare you away from Jamaica! We just thought it was a bit of a pain to have to continually tell them "no thank you!" over and over. We felt we couldn't really relax and walk around without being pestered. :)

If I were you, I would get off the ship and do at least something. Visit a local store or gift shop, or eat in a local restaurant. There were plenty of stores and restaurants very close to the port in Ocho Rios.

Hi everyone! Thanks for all of your sweet comments, and thanks for coming back to my review!

I had a great time in Tennessee meeting my brothers for the first time! They are very sweet, and am so happy I finally found them after 45 years!

My brothers are twins, and I was born 2 years later. We thought it was amazing how much the oldest twin and I look alike! We were asked many times if we are sure we aren't triplets. (we aren't).

The resembelance between Scott and I is really very cool! I'll post a picture of us standing together so you can all see. I also share many of the same personality traits and mannerisms with Scott and Kevin. (Kevin and I are both leftys, how odd)

Ok, I realize this post has nothing to do with my review, but I had so many kind comments from you that I thought I would at least let you know how it went.

Here are a few pics of me and my brothers.

Scott, Me, and Kevin

ScottMeKevin4.jpg?t=1306211246

Scott and me:

Look at our necks, chins, mouths, cheeks, noses and eyes. We also have the same very thin graying hair (mine's dyed). AMAZING!!!

Scottme3.jpg?t=1306211888

OK, now that that is out of the way............BACK TO THE REVIEW!!!!!

I think it is so very cool to finally meet your brothers. It says a lot about you as a person to not give up in your search for them. I wish only special things for you!:)

I think it is so very cool to finally meet your brothers. It says a lot about you as a person to not give up in your search for them. I wish only special things for you!:)

Thanks Cushing! I appreciate your kind words! :) I'm SO glad I didn't give up the search for them! They are really great people! Their families are wonderful too! I could not have asked for a better outcome with my brothers!

And because of all of the years of searching, and the deep genealogy research I have done into my birthfamily, I started helping others with their own genealogy querries........because of all of those things I was able to obtain my Private Investigators license in Kansas, and now I can do even more to help others who are searching for their lost loved ones! :)

FOR THOSE WHO DIDN"T SEE MY EARLIER POST:

MY REVIEW IS FINISHED AND YOU CAN FIND IT HERE

https://sites.google.com/site/brunsmyers/our-wedding-honeymoon-story

OMG!!!

I swear I was with you and Tim every step of the way.

That was a very detailed review/story of your experience and to be honest, one of the best I've read.

I think it was a great idea to have it all in one place too. In that way, you can easily share it with anyone who is interested.

I don't know how it happened but we seem to have a small collection magnets ourselves, but not from various places we've gone. We just tend to buy them and have them on our fridge and front door, so people give us magnets now lol. I actually collect shot glasses from the places we visit and do have over 50 now. My friends and family also bring me one whenever they visit some where too!

OMG!!!

I swear I was with you and Tim every step of the way.

That was a very detailed review/story of your experience and to be honest, one of the best I've read.

I think it was a great idea to have it all in one place too. In that way, you can easily share it with anyone who is interested.

I don't know how it happened but we seem to have a small collection magnets ourselves, but not from various places we've gone. We just tend to buy them and have them on our fridge and front door, so people give us magnets now lol. I actually collect shot glasses from the places we visit and do have over 50 now. My friends and family also bring me one whenever they visit some where too!

Lipz, So glad you enjoyed reading my review! Now I'll wait patiently for yours!!!

I'm really excited for you!! :)

Lovharvey ~ Thank you SO MUCH for this information! As soon as I get home from work I will look into this more. I hope I can recover those pictures somehow!! Thanks again for the info, If I do recover the lost pics, I'll post them! :)

I was able to recover over 2500 pictures that were on the card, most of them his NY pictures which couldn't be replaced. The ones at Thanksgiving and Christmas could be printed from the ones that I took. I was so surprised that this could be done.

as long as no new data has been written to the card, it should be recoverable. if new data has been written, then some of the data will be lost.

I recovered over 2500 pictures from his card which included Thanksgiving, Christmas, misc. pictures and all his pics from NY. It took over an hour to recover them. Somehow even though you delete the pictures, they are still there in memory, even though you can't see them. He used the same card to take pictures the rest of the time he was there, but, I had no problems.

I recovered over 2500 pictures from his card which included Thanksgiving, Christmas, misc. pictures and all his pics from NY. It took over an hour to recover them. Somehow even though you delete the pictures, they are still there in memory, even though you can't see them. He used the same card to take pictures the rest of the time he was there, but, I had no problems.

OH! I hope it works for me too! I'm so glad to hear you were able to recover yours! :)

when you "delete" something from a hard drive, memory card, flash drive or whatever, the data is still technically there on the drive, it's just been flagged "ok to be overwritten". The data will still be recoverable until it is written over I.E.: you have a 4 gig memory card and delete everything off of it, take 2 gigs of new pictures, then realize you need to recover the old pictures, you would only be able to recover about 2 gigs worth of the old pictures. that is a very simple explanation of the actual process, but should be ok for illustrating how it works ;)

FOR THOSE WHO DIDN"T SEE MY EARLIER POST:

MY REVIEW IS FINISHED AND YOU CAN FIND IT HERE

https://sites.google.com/site/brunsmyers/our-wedding-honeymoon-story

Thank you soo much for sharing your story with us. I have truly enjoyed every bit of it. I appreciate how you took your time and broke everything down to us. I really felt as though I were there with you alone the way...thank you once again! I wish you and Tim many years of happiness and may your next trip be as good as this one or even better(if that's possible, LOL).

Thank you soo much for sharing your story with us. I have truly enjoyed every bit of it. I appreciate how you took your time and broke everything down to us. I really felt as though I were there with you alone the way...thank you once again! I wish you and Tim many years of happiness and may your next trip be as good as this one or even better(if that's possible, LOL).

Denise2000, Thank You very very much!! :)

Andrea-

I feel like I already know you-that is so cool & not usual for me! I have NEVER finished a review before, but I found myself getting frustrated and skipping all the other posts just to finish the review!! You did a fantastic job! Congrats on everything-the fact that you & Tim were able to find your way back to each other, the wedding, vacation & finding your brothers! When I read the post about getting to meet your brothers, and the subsequent look alike pics, I almost cried!!!

I am most definately not a overly sappy person who does this! Your story really touched me!

My Tim & I have a very similar story-met & dated for a while in our teen years. We only dated for a couple months. He got an unexpected phone call from his ex girlfriend at the end of his senior year, with the news that she was 5 1/2 months pregnant-with his child. Although I was quite sad at the time, I am very proud that he did the right thing and married the mother of his now 28 yr old son. They tried to make it work, but alas, it did not. We reconnected years later when he moved in next door to my husband & I with his girlfriend! We all became friends and we were there for each other when both the relationships ended. We tried again, but since we were both fresh out of relationships, and I had VERY young kids at the time, I thought it best to be on my own for a while. Although I regret the years we missed together, I think we both needed some time to grow & discover ourselves and focus on our children. Then 4 1/2 years ago, I got a phone call-out of the blue from Tim. He had overheard a stranger (to this day I don't know who-but I am grateful for their gossipping!) telling someone that I was single & dating-having gotten our of a long term relationship. We quickly reconnected & were again best friends for 6 months, before deciding to try dating again. 2 weeks later, he proposed at a family dinner-with the blessing of all 5 of my children! We married a year later, and honeymooned on our first cruise-on the Truimph! We took 2 more cruises that year-with my 3 older daughters. Last February we took a 9 day cruise to the Mexican Riveira for Valentines day & my birthday. This one we took with our adopted 2 1/2 yr old daughter-the light of our lives!!!

On October 13, we set sail on the Destiny for a 4 day cruise to Half Moon Cay & Nassau Bahamas-the 'Wet Wild & Rockin' Kiss Kruise'!! Tim is a MAJOR Kiss fan! We are taking our now 3 yr old DD. When we get back to Miami on the 17th, 3 of our adult kids will be waiting, after hanging our in Miami while we Rock & Roll all Night & Party Every Day. We will then all board the Imagination for a 4 day & 3 day back 2 back cruise, going to Key West, Cozumel & Nassau! We can't wait!

Thanks again for the fantastic review, and letting us share a bit of your happiness! And if you bothered to read this lenghty post, thanks for sharing in mine!!!!

Vicky

• 7 months later...
Andrea-

I feel like I already know you-that is so cool & not usual for me! I have NEVER finished a review before, but I found myself getting frustrated and skipping all the other posts just to finish the review!! You did a fantastic job! Congrats on everything-the fact that you & Tim were able to find your way back to each other, the wedding, vacation & finding your brothers! When I read the post about getting to meet your brothers, and the subsequent look alike pics, I almost cried!!!

I am most definately not a overly sappy person who does this! Your story really touched me!

My Tim & I have a very similar story-met & dated for a while in our teen years. We only dated for a couple months. He got an unexpected phone call from his ex girlfriend at the end of his senior year, with the news that she was 5 1/2 months pregnant-with his child. Although I was quite sad at the time, I am very proud that he did the right thing and married the mother of his now 28 yr old son. They tried to make it work, but alas, it did not. We reconnected years later when he moved in next door to my husband & I with his girlfriend! We all became friends and we were there for each other when both the relationships ended. We tried again, but since we were both fresh out of relationships, and I had VERY young kids at the time, I thought it best to be on my own for a while. Although I regret the years we missed together, I think we both needed some time to grow & discover ourselves and focus on our children. Then 4 1/2 years ago, I got a phone call-out of the blue from Tim. He had overheard a stranger (to this day I don't know who-but I am grateful for their gossipping!) telling someone that I was single & dating-having gotten our of a long term relationship. We quickly reconnected & were again best friends for 6 months, before deciding to try dating again. 2 weeks later, he proposed at a family dinner-with the blessing of all 5 of my children! We married a year later, and honeymooned on our first cruise-on the Truimph! We took 2 more cruises that year-with my 3 older daughters. Last February we took a 9 day cruise to the Mexican Riveira for Valentines day & my birthday. This one we took with our adopted 2 1/2 yr old daughter-the light of our lives!!!

On October 13, we set sail on the Destiny for a 4 day cruise to Half Moon Cay & Nassau Bahamas-the 'Wet Wild & Rockin' Kiss Kruise'!! Tim is a MAJOR Kiss fan! We are taking our now 3 yr old DD. When we get back to Miami on the 17th, 3 of our adult kids will be waiting, after hanging our in Miami while we Rock & Roll all Night & Party Every Day. We will then all board the Imagination for a 4 day & 3 day back 2 back cruise, going to Key West, Cozumel & Nassau! We can't wait!

Thanks again for the fantastic review, and letting us share a bit of your happiness! And if you bothered to read this lenghty post, thanks for sharing in mine!!!!

Vicky

Vicky, I know this reply is a bit late (SO SORRY!), but I didn't see your post until today. I LOVE your story! I see it took a while for you and your Tim to finally get together FOR GOOD, but the waiting makes it so much better in the end!

I would love to hear how your KISS cruise went, and I'd love to hear more about your other cruises as well! I hope you see this and reply!

Take care, and thanks for writing! :)

Archived