Why is Carnival Liberty so much more expensive????

mrypop

Thanks for the posts! Well, we decided to go with my husband's first choice which is the Victory out of San Juan. It doesn't have the laid back itinerary I wanted, but I just could not justify spending the extra money. We will have a great time anyway, we always do!! This will be our 4th cruise, all with Carnival.

Thanks again everyone!!

If you can, try the early to mid Dec 2011 time frame! I just found and booked a great Ocean Suite Cabin for a great price! Go to GovRewards.com and surf for prices there. Good luck!:cool:

I don't know why, but the September cruises are outrageous. We usually take our vacation the week of our anniversay and have never run into that week being this much more expensive. In fact, because it is the third week in September we usually get the start of the prices dropping after the summer season.

We are cruising on the Liberty on 9/17/11 and we got an excellent price for an inside cabin (cat 4F deck 7)for 3 persons--$477 per person (we divide equally by 3, therefore our room cost $1431 total, including all gov't taxes and fees)using the past guest rate. We thought that was pretty good for 7 days. But, we booked this back in February.

Archived