Sapphire Princess out of Vancouver BC

south1246

That's normal for disembarkation breakfast If you had eaten in the DR you could've had a choice of fried or scrambled. You gotta remember an overniter in a floating hotel can in no way be truly compared to a "cruise experience".

Ciao for now!!!

A friend was on the Sapphire one-night. The only option for breakfast according to her was the buffet.

A friend was on the Sapphire one-night. The only option for breakfast according to her was the buffet.

Not true, me and the group I was with ate in the International Dining Room for breakfast, and had no trouble getting in. I think the MDR closed before the Horizon Court, bit it was open in the morning.

Not true, me and the group I was with ate in the International Dining Room for breakfast, and had no trouble getting in. I think the MDR closed before the Horizon Court, bit it was open in the morning.

They didn't leave their cabin until 8am so that must be why.

I have sailed out of Vancouver at least a half dozen times and it has always been the same, whether a 1 night, 7 night or 11 night cruise. Unfortunately, the problem may be with security, US customs or Canada Place employees... doesn't matter... they have a problem and it is not being fixed (at least for the last 6 years) I will no longer go through embarkation there.. and that is also what I recommend to all my clients...

On a side note, a one night cruise is great fun, but you don't get all the benefits of a longer cruise.. It's a transition time for the ship and they don't treat the passengers with the same level of services you come to expect.. Look at it for what it is... a one night party at sea..

You remark surprises me. We had learned thru the roll call that Princess was going to do the transfer. Once we got our disembarkation package we went to the PSD and they confirmed that this was the case and exchanged our luggage tags with Brown 5 tags. Our bags were in our Sapphire cabin by 1:30 and we were off the Golden about 10:30 and on the Sapphire about 11:34 maybe 11:35.

We had no problem with our bags and Brown 5, either - it was the three sets of waiting inside the terminal that was the problem. We got varying information from several different "agents" inside the building as to where we were supposed to go to get boarded on the Sapphire. We were off the Golden before 10 a.m. and on the Sapphire by about 12:15, but the confusion of the shore side staff made for a less-than-fun time of it.

Archived