Acapulco Beach Day from NCL

Gatguy

Does anyone know what beach you go to for the "Acapulco Beach Day" excursion through NCL. Am on the Panama Canal cruise in October and was thinking of doing this excursion. The beach is 1 1/4 hours from the port.

Thanks

I don't know which beach it is, with certainty, but in similar other posts in the past reference was made, I'm recalling, to one of the private beach clubs out near "Barra Vieja." One club name that comes to mind is "El Cano." There are several out there. It's an area on the edge of the municipio (county) limits - open water - direct on the Pacific Ocean (as contrasted with one of the many beaches inside the bay). I haven't patronized those clubs but I do visit that beach area when I'm in Acapulco. I enjoy it because it's off the beaten path for most tourists - except during the busiest vacation/holiday periods. On the beach area outside the club there are persons who rent horses and atv's to go back and forth along the long stretch of beach. I don't know if the clubs themselves arrange such activities, though. The water along the beach can be rough and there's some surfing there. The pool areas are reported to be very nice and the clubs offer food and drink. Hopefully someone will come along to answer your question who has taken one of the specific excursions.

Archived