Splendor Debarkation Time

Dr Dave

Hello everyone.

I am booked on the Splendor on August 21. I have heard horror stories about the embarkation/debarkation process at Long Beach and am trying to book my flight out of LAX. What time does this process usually end, when would be a safe time to book the flight out of LA?

Hello everyone.

I am booked on the Splendor on August 21. I have heard horror stories about the embarkation/debarkation process at Long Beach and am trying to book my flight out of LAX. What time does this process usually end, when would be a safe time to book the flight out of LA?

The general rule is to not book a flight before noon. You can do self disembarking and carry your luggage off the ship. That getsw you off early. You can ask for priority, with flight reservation. Though, there are no guarantees when the ship will get clearance from customs. I wouldn't book before noon. You never know, what can happen. We are planning on staying an night after our cruise, when we fly.

Howdy,

Just off splendor on Sunday, have to say did not experience any horrific debarkation on Sunday, was quite smooth and easy I must say. I was impressed. Nothing compared to the horror of Galveston TX (that place sucks to gett off of a ship, period).

We were in Zone 8 and were called at 845am to get off ship, was through custom and in the parking garage by 915am, paid for parking (I'm looking at the receipt now) at 927am and on the road. Now we had a low zone number, so it depends on your zone number or if you do self assist debark, they started calling self assist first to get off at about 7am or so and they went for about one hour, then the zones started. I have the debarkation paperwork, I scanned both sides and attached it to this post, they list times of zones called. This of course is approximate as per the schedule we were actually a little early.

When they say your luggage wont be avail until zone is called they weren't lying, as we were walking across gangway they were still unloading luggage and inside the terminal only the zone's that had been called had luggage in the zone.

It was a smooth process for us but we had a low zone number. If you have a high zone number you do sit on the boat and wait....and wait....and wait for at least a couple of hours max. I'm sure there is a work around if you show them you have early flights etc... But if you can swing it, self assist was the fastest way to get off the boat.

Splendor Debarkation Handout pg 1.pdf

Splendor Debarkation Handout pg 2.pdf

Archived