Grandeur - N.O. - Boarding time?

I have never sailed on Grandeur, but from what I have read here, 11 am is probably reasonable. HOWEVER ;), if you do not want to wait at all, you MIGHT be safer to wait till 2pm...that way most of the departing pax should be off the ship for sure! Debarkation can run longer or be delayed for one reason or another, and that would put you in a state of wait. If you don't mind chancing the wait, I would get there at 11. JMHO. :)

Angela,

We have sailed on the Grandeur three times. One time we waited until 2:00 and had a long wait to get aboard. The last 2 times we arrived at the port around 12 and had no wait at all.

We have never made it to board early as we drive 8 hours the day of the cruise so we get there around 2-3PM. Usually around 30-45min wait at that time but we expect it so they could make us wait twice as long and it probably wouldn't bother us. The only thing I ask of all paxs, wait at least until 11!!!! It is like loading/unloading an elevator, you can't get on, until we get off! It didn't bother me so much the first time but it was chaos the 2nd cruise I went on (CCL Conquest in NO.) We got off at about 10:00AM and there were people pushing and shoving at curbside to get on. You couldn't get a shuttle to parking because both disembarking and embarking paxs were using them. It wasn't pretty. Happy boarding passengers bumping into unhappy, I have to go home now my cruise is over, passengers.

Anyway, 11AM shouldn't be too early but I wouldn't be surprised if you are told to wait and don't expect your room to be ready right away.

Have fun!!

Grandeur of the Seas - April 2003

Conquest - May 2004

Grandeur of the Seas - April 23, 2003!!!!!

No sure if you can get on that early. We were on Grandeur last week. We got there at 12:20...basically no lines. Were on the ship by 12:40 and could get into the cabins at 1:00. We didn't dissembark until after 10:00am though...and we weren't the last group...so I think 11:00am might be a little early to arrive.

Don't think you can board that early. If you are driving, don't get to the dock too early. parking lot is full untill prior cruise has left. Made this mistake before during "final four week-end" a couple of years ago and had a very hard time finding a parking lot.

We sailed on the Grandeur in January. We arrived about 11am. The porter said that they would start letting people on about 11:30. We strolled around "Riverwalk" the area with the shops for a little while. Taking some great pics of Grandeur at the same time, headed to the ship about 11:30 and were onboard before noon. They allowed us to put our carry on bags in our cabin at that time. Embarkation was a breeze. We are hoping that our cruise next January on the Navigator is as smooth.

Have a great time on your cruise.

Paula

Archived