What to do (Thanksgiving Cruise) in Nassau, St. Thomas, and St. Martin

Hello everyone! Forgive me if this is a *repetitive* message as I've tried to search the forums and am having way too many posts come up ... but we are looking for the *best* things to do on our upcoming cruise for Thanksgiving week aboard the Carnival Dream!

FIRST let me say that the husband / kids are into the whole *beach* thing - or possibly *zip-lining* .... but *NOT* shopping ... that's MY area .... so please feel free to offer any advice where the above might 'commingle' ! LOL :)

1: Nassau:

I know there is "Atlantis" there - and I'm not sure what everyone's opinions on that is - we've 'never' been there so I'm not sure if that's something we should do or should we 'explore' the island. THOUGHTS please !! :)

2: St. Thomas

Been there at least 3 or 4 times .... did the "Megans Bay" (which sorry - i dont know how in the WORLD that rates as a "#1 beach" but I've never been impressed with it! Been there when it was 'cloudy' - and also 'sunny' - and it's like, "REALLY ?!?!?" ... Also did St. John's Trunk Bay - which was gorgeous ... but dont think we'd want to haul over there - unless there was something new that might appeal to all of us.

I've never been to "Sapphire" beach and have heard quite a few things on that ... THOUGHTS PLEASE!!! :)

3: St. Martin

Been there at least 3 or 4 times - again went 'over' to the OTHER side where the Orient beach is and that was great - however not sure that's a good idea with 'teeny bopper boys' ! UGH! (Although they may think it's a FABULOUS idea!) LOL THOUGHTS PLEASE!!! :)

Thank you in advance everyone !!!

Hello everyone! Forgive me if this is a *repetitive* message as I've tried to search the forums and am having way too many posts come up ... but we are looking for the *best* things to do on our upcoming cruise for Thanksgiving week aboard the Carnival Dream!

FIRST let me say that the husband / kids are into the whole *beach* thing - or possibly *zip-lining* .... but *NOT* shopping ... that's MY area .... so please feel free to offer any advice where the above might 'commingle' ! LOL :)

1: Nassau:

I know there is "Atlantis" there - and I'm not sure what everyone's opinions on that is - we've 'never' been there so I'm not sure if that's something we should do or should we 'explore' the island. THOUGHTS please !! :)

2: St. Thomas

Been there at least 3 or 4 times .... did the "Megans Bay" (which sorry - i dont know how in the WORLD that rates as a "#1 beach" but I've never been impressed with it! Been there when it was 'cloudy' - and also 'sunny' - and it's like, "REALLY ?!?!?" ... Also did St. John's Trunk Bay - which was gorgeous ... but dont think we'd want to haul over there - unless there was something new that might appeal to all of us.

I've never been to "Sapphire" beach and have heard quite a few things on that ... THOUGHTS PLEASE!!! :)

3: St. Martin

Been there at least 3 or 4 times - again went 'over' to the OTHER side where the Orient beach is and that was great - however not sure that's a good idea with 'teeny bopper boys' ! UGH! (Although they may think it's a FABULOUS idea!) LOL THOUGHTS PLEASE!!! :)

Thank you in advance everyone !!!

Here's what we are planning for our October cruise.....

1. Nassau......we are going to walk to the British Colonial Hilton and get a day pass which lets you use their beach and pool. I believe it's about $55 pp but included in that is $30 credit for food/drinks. You can see the ships from the beach

2. St Thomas.....we have been there several times too and we usually use this as a day to shop a little bit and get back on the ship to enjoy the peace and quiet and have the pools to ourselves.

3. St Martin.......we book a tour with Bernard Tours. We get about 2 hrs of beach time (Orient), then about 30 min of shopping in Marigot and then we go to Maho Beach to watch the jets landing right over the beach. If you have never done this you have GOT to go. It's so neat. With Bernard you have unlimited beverages all day, plus you can leave all your valuables on the van because he stays with it. And he makes sure you get to Maho to see the big planes (American, Continental, Air France, etc).

Hope this helps....

Archived