Sales Event Pricing Higher Than Regular Pricing...this is a new one...what gives...

I just took a look at next weeks sales event pricing and some of the pricing on the 2 Oasis/Allure sailings listed is actually higher for some categories than the pricing currently listed on their site today:rolleyes:....this is a new one:confused:

I just took a look at next weeks sales event pricing and some of the pricing the 2 Oasis/Allure sailing listed is actually higher for some categories than the pricing currently listed on their site today:rolleyes:....this is a new one:confused:

Hi Steve

I have been watching some cruise pricing for November...and noticed today most of them have shot up in price:eek:...thought to myself...."must be a sale coming" :rolleyes:

Hi Steve

I have been watching some cruise pricing for November...and noticed today most of them have shot up in price:eek:...thought to myself...."must be a sale coming" :rolleyes:

Funny you say that Liz....I just remembered Memorial Day is around the corner....now that you mention it I kind of remember a big sale last year blowing out all the remaining summer sailings.

• 1 month later...

I found this old post in my quest to answer what I have now noticed twice in regards to their "sale". I keep watching my sailing and using that as my comparison. The so-called Western Caribbean deal they did last week, they raised the price the day before the sale on the balcony by $40 per person. By booking during the sale, you would get a $50 OBC for 5-6 night sailings. However, the price went up. RC would make $30 off a cabin with 2 people booking.

And, then today I look at the preview for the 4th of July and my sailing isn't offered (even though there are plenty of cabins available and they are cheaper then the weeks they are advertising but my sailing is also 2 days after Thanksgiving...). So I picked one close to my sailing date - Nov 12 and compared their website regular prices to the preview "sale" prices - no difference in price. hmm.......

Maybe I am missing something here..........aren't you supposed to save money during a sale?? Oh wait, businesses always raise prices prior to a sale and then discount it so you think you are getting a good deal or they just use the word "sale" which entices us:p

gotta love Econ 101

Archived