Confused about suites on NCL Sky

Hi all! Looking for help again :)

We are looking into the NCL Sky to the Bahamas in early Dec. We were looking at the Penthouse suite with balcony because the picture on the NCL website showed a separate bedroom. The category on their website is SG. But, then, I noticed that they had floor plans, too, and from the floor plan, it most definitely does not have a separate bedroom. It just looks like a balcony room (bed and sofa all in one room).

So do they have a separate bedroom or not? Anywhere to find some definitive information? Also, the codes on the NCL website don't seem to line up with the codes on the cruise critic site. I'm really confused!

Can't help you with the penthouse question, but about the difference in categories, NCL just recently renamed their stateroom categories across the fleet. Most likely, Cruise Critic has not updated their own info.

I can also tell you that the Sky is a great ship with a great crew! We loved our time onboard in March.

Edited by spacepotatoes

I don't know for sure but I would trust the floor plan over the photo.

NCL Changed their codes a short time back

B - Balcony

M - Mini suite (not really a suite)

S - Suite

You do realize that there is only 1 SG on the ship and it is a HC cabin?

I don't know for sure but I would trust the floor plan over the photo.

NCL Changed their codes a short time back

B - Balcony

M - Mini suite (not really a suite)

S - Suite

You do realize that there is only 1 SG on the ship and it is a HC cabin?

Thanks, yes, I did a little more research by looking at the deck plans, and I do see that this is a HC cabin. That makes a bit more sense. The next step up is a Penthouse with large balcony, and it's unclear if there is a separate bedroom. But, I think the Aft Penthouse with large balcony might have a separate bedroom (based on the deck plans, although the floor plan seems to indicate not). It's so hard to tell...

From looking at the NCL site the first level cabin with a separate bedroom is category SB. They actually list the bedroom as a separate room in their description. The lower categories do not list bedroom as separate room.

We have been in several of the Aft Penthouses with the large balcony on the Sky.

Yes the bedroom is separated from the living room.

The bedroom has a pocket door and the living room has double glass doors.

Try to stay in the ones on Deck 9. 9275 or 9075

We stayed in 8277 and 8077 and noise does come up from the lounge below.

I actually had the same issue with the penthouse descriptions. My TA told me to trust the information that I received from cruise critic posters vs what NCL was telling me! We've booked 9275. Can anyone confirm that there are doors leading out to the balcony from both the living room and the bedroom? NCL insists that there is only a door from the living room and floor to ceiling windows (that do not open) in the bedroom.

Thanks everyone for your help.

We will be sailing on the Sky next October for one of her 4 day Bahamas cruises and have booked an aft penthouse suite...I think it was listed as SE. Alas, it is on deck 8, so above the showroom/stage...

There are several very good You Tube videos demonstrating the separate living/sleeping areas, showing the baths and amount of balcony space as well. This one appears to have a slider in both the living area and bedroom and I've read up here about pax sleeping with both fresh air and soothing water sounds available to them ;)

Hope this helps, and have a fantastic time!

Edited by kcfoxy

We will be sailing on the Sky next October for one of her 4 day Bahamas cruises and have booked an aft penthouse suite...I think it was listed as SE. Alas, it is on deck 8, so above the showroom/stage...

There are several very good You Tube videos demonstrating the separate living/sleeping areas, showing the baths and amount of balcony space as well. This one appears to have a slider in both the living area and bedroom and I've read up here about pax sleeping with both fresh air and soothing water sounds available to them ;)

Hope this helps, and have a fantastic time!

The video is great and I, like you, thought that all cabins in the same category would be the same, with the exception of location. However, NCL reps told me yesterday (during multiple calls with a few different people, including a supervisor) that not all cabins, even in the same category, are the same. I was told by a supervisor that Cabin 9075 is one large room and 9275 is two seperate rooms.

We sailed the Sky and stayed in 9075.

Yes, separate bedroom, yes there is a door off the bedroom and the living room.

See the link to our webshots gallery in my signature and look for the gallery from our cruise on the Sky 1/4/04.

9075 is a mirror image of 9275

Edited by Zimomiller

• 2 years later...

I'm cruising next week on the Sky in Stateroom #8077. I've seen the YouTube video for this stateroom, so am pretty confident it is a 2-room stateroom.

I used to work in NCL's call center in Mesa, Arizona. One of the problems I noticed is that most of the employees (sadly to say) have never cruised before. So, they don't have first-hand product information. I've often heard them giving incorrect information to clients. I always wondered why they didn't load everyone up on a bus and do a ship inspection tour in San Diego (only about a 5 1/2 hour drive). They could serve lunch to all the staff so the customer service reps could get some first-hand experience on a cruise ship - even if only for a few hours. They could look at the various category of staterooms, see the public areas, walk through the specialty restaurants. They could do it like a progressive dinner with the employees moving throughout the ship and sampling the cuisine and ambiance of each venue.

I used to be a TA and I went to Cruise-A-Thon every year where they offered the TAs a variety of choices for ship inspections. I did two ship inspections each conference and over the course of several years it gave me a LOT of experience on a variety of different ships/cruise lines.

It always really bugged me that the majority of NCL reps had never cruised. I love NCL and know that they have great management who think outside the box. Hopefully, one day they'll get all their staff on a ship so they can be better at answering client questions.

Edited by AZBlondie