Most interesting cabin "neighbors"

cruisenanny

LOL..... On our first Carnival cruise an older woman in the adjoining balcony decided to peek around the divider while we were butt naked having a few drinks. She quickly pulled her head back so we invited her over to join us. She went back inside without responding and never came out on her balcony again.:p

LOL..... On our first Carnival cruise an older woman in the adjoining balcony decided to peek around the divider while we were butt naked having a few drinks. She quickly pulled her head back so we invited her over to join us. She went back inside without responding and never came out on her balcony again.:p

HEEHEE!! I don't know if I'm bold enough to be naked on my balcony,(MAYBE under the cover of darkness & a few drinks;)) BUT that's what she gets for peeking, right?!! Too funny:p

On Carnival Pride we had neighbors who decided to put Christmas lights on their balcony. These were the bright pulsating lights and they left them on for the first two nights. The lights even came through our closed curtain.

After the second night I asked them to please turn the lights off at reasonable hour such as 11 or midnight. Their response was "We like them on and we'll keep them on". My next stop was Customer Service. Later that afternoon the lights were gone and I never saw or heard from the neighbors.

We also had a couple who left their balcony door open all the time but must have been very early to bed. The third night of the cruise we had friends (4) in our cabin and balcony (aft wraparound) for cocktails at 9:00 p.m.. At 9:15 the man stuck his head around the divider and said: "Knock it off. People are trying to sleep." :rolleyes: My response was: "Shut your damn door and you won't have a problem. I heard nothing more from them. The party was over at 10:00 p.m.

Take care,

Mike

Can you imagine?? I would have had a hard time dealing with this scenario:( As in you would be sitting on your balcony & they would be leaning over shouting accross at each other??

I would stick my head out and start yelling random crap when they where trying to talk. You have to get creative with very stupid people!

Just remember not everyone is the brightest crayon in the box...

We went a cruise with another couple. The guy is my husband's cousin. It was then we realized how thin those walls are. We could hear them, ya know what I mean? Ugh. Hearing "Yee haw!" and "Who's your captain?" about made me lose my lunch. LOL

Needless to say I couldn't make eye contact at breakfast the next morning.:o

OMG! Hysterical!!!!!!!!!

On our Honeymoon I was sitting on the Balcony nekkid and this guy poked his head around the partition. He immediately pulled his head back. I then poked my head around the partition and asked "Are you guys nekkid too???"

Never saw him again!

that's too funny.

never had any issues with neighbors. guess we have been fortunate to never really see or hear any of them.

LOL!!! This is too funny ;):D

We havent had much trouble except for our very first cruise. We were the "honeymoon couple", but we were very careful to be as quiet as a church mouse. The family in the next room, however, didnt have a quiet bone in their body! :rolleyes:It kinds of ruins the mood when you are trying so hard to be "romantic", and you hear children screaming "He hit me..." and "MOM!!" and even the ADULTS using very loud voices like they wanted people in China to hear. Not just one night...every night, for 5 days! DH and I would just start laughing...what else can you do? We just made the best of it, and we sure didnt let it ruin the honeymoon ;) :D

Lol!!! My DH and I have had a similar thing happen as well while on one of our cruises. While we weren't "the honeymoon couple", we were still courteous to our neighbors ;)

We had a loud family next to us that seemed to have had children that wouldn't listen, because we'd hear "Get down! No jumping on the bed!" *LOUD THUD* People must not really realize how thin those stateroom walls are.

On a cruise in 2009 we had a father and his pre-teen son in the cabin next to us. The father was disabled. The son had to care for him. They would yell and scream at each other all day. The mother was on the phone with one or the other at all hours. At one point we were afraid the son was being beaten so we called security. Security informed us that they had gotten several calls and were trying to get them some help. Security actually called back to ask us if things were better ... they were thank goodness. They were on at least two of the same excursions we were and the yelling continued through out. It was hard not to worry about the boy all the time.

Last year we went on a 10 night cruise...first night a horrible loud noise coming from next door...we both looked at each other saying "what is that?".

SNORING for 10 nights and whenever else he was in the cabin. Thank goodness for earplugs that I always take.

Missygirl

Hubby and I were next door to a couple we nicknamed "Dick" and "Mona" due to the sounds we could hear through the walls. The icing on the cake was when we saw them emerge from their cabin one afternoon. She looked so prim and proper with her hair up in a bun, a skirt and a tucked in blouse you would never believe those moans were coming from her! Live and learn!

Hubby and I were next door to a couple we nicknamed "Dick" and "Mona" due to the sounds we could hear through the walls. The icing on the cake was when we saw them emerge from their cabin one afternoon. She looked so prim and proper with her hair up in a bun, a skirt and a tucked in blouse you would never believe those moans were coming from her! Live and learn!

Haha those are the best!!

Last year we went on a 10 night cruise...first night a horrible loud noise coming from next door...we both looked at each other saying "what is that?".

SNORING for 10 nights and whenever else he was in the cabin. Thank goodness for earplugs that I always take.

Missygirl

This happened to us on the Freedom once. I put the iPod speaker thingie up to the wall and played Enter Sandman full blast - well, pretty loud.

That fixed things for that night but not the others :mad:

We were in the Glory in December of last year and our neighbors across the hall must have really hated each other. They yelled at each other ALL the time. And it seemed like they were in their cabin ALL the time. My favorite line of the week was when the mom screamed at her teenage son "I'M NOT A HOOKER, I'M YOUR MOTHER!"

On our Honeymoon I was sitting on the Balcony nekkid and this guy poked his head around the partition. He immediately pulled his head back. I then poked my head around the partition and asked "Are you guys nekkid too???"

Never saw him again!

You are my new hero. I read your post before work this morning, and have continued laughing about it all day. I had to come find it again and tell you how hilariously appropriate I think your response was. I can not imagine poking my head around to look onto someone's balcony, but to have the cahones to walk over and say that... well, kudos and my forever appreciation to you!!!:D

Lol!!! My DH and I have had a similar thing happen as well while on one of our cruises. While we weren't "the honeymoon couple", we were still courteous to our neighbors ;)

We had a loud family next to us that seemed to have had children that wouldn't listen, because we'd hear "Get down! No jumping on the bed!" *LOUD THUD* People must not really realize how thin those stateroom walls are.

LOL...I knew we werent the only ones ;) Definitely an experience trying to create a mood hearing that in the background :D;)

This is classic!! Too funny... Dick and Mona...pretty clever :D

We were in the Glory in December of last year and our neighbors across the hall must have really hated each other. They yelled at each other ALL the time. And it seemed like they were in their cabin ALL the time. My favorite line of the week was when the mom screamed at her teenage son "I'M NOT A HOOKER, I'M YOUR MOTHER!"

ROLF!!!! BAAAHHAAAAAHHHAAA!!! That, my friend is hilarious! :D

Missygirl

Had that happen in Richardson Grove, our tents were seperated by a non-leafy bush. The guy was so loud he was the talk of the campground. several times a night I would yell, "Roll Over!" It worked for a few minutes.:D

Need to remember to do that onboard.

Last year on the dream, we had booked a balcony on deck 10.

About 7pm we heard a a lot of noise in the next room, seems that a family just moved in ) apparently they were upgraded) they were celebrating .. “its like winning the lottery” we thought that was pretty cool as they were all excited.. until their extended family showed up … to this day do not know the actual number but I bet it had to be 12- 16 people .. I think some of them slept on the balcony a couple nights. The others had rooms somewhere on the ship but they all wanted to stay in the balcony room.

It was truly like being in a camp ground. The best was when it came time to leave all the family decided to put their luggage outside of the door on deck 10.. there had to be 25 pcs of “luggage outside”

We had a very low know number to disembark but they did not realize that the others has higher numbers and they would be waiting for a while ..

I had an inside room on another cruise line. It was one of those rooms that back up to another room on another hallway. Basically the heads of the beds share a common wall. Well there was a family with small children in the other room and the parents would let one or both kids KICK the wall just above MY HEAD very early in the morning!! :eek:

Never saw him again!

I would have to say my reaction to this anecdote depends greatly on whether you are male or female??

Archived