Just Back From The Jewel

Jab5549

After 10 cruises in the last 21 months, I can say that this was the best. This was the first time that a Captain went out of his way to make sure that every guest was satisfied. Hugo, the Hotel Manager, ran the best crew we had ever had. All the staff seems to love working for him. We only ate at the specialty restaurants and the food was better than it's been. Dan the Man, the Cruise Director, was great. They now have 'Deal or No Deal' on board and I thought he was as good as Howie Mandel. I have never seen a happier staff than on the Jewel. There seems to be more to do on this ship than any of the others although I have not been on the Epic as of yet. If your considering which ship to choose, this is the one. This was my fourth time on it and I'm so glad we did. If I can answer any questions you may have, I'll gladly do so

Putting together some information for people sailing on her in November.

Since you did all specialty, can you give me a run down of the various eating venues and their prices (or indicate if included). I haven't been able to pull a definitive list off other postings.

Glad you have such a good time.

WOW 10 cruises in only 21 months! I thought I was an avid cruiser with my 3 cruises in a year. lol I gotta ask, at this point is it harder to walk on land then by sea? :D

Putting together some information for people sailing on her in November.

Since you did all specialty, can you give me a run down of the various eating venues and their prices (or indicate if included). I haven't been able to pull a definitive list off other postings.

Glad you have such a good time.

Italian & Tangos $10 / Chin Chin $15 / Bistro $20 / Cagney's $25 ( I'm not sure of the price because I had dinner with the Captain one night and we were comped by the Hotel Director, Hugo, the other night ) A Taste of Everything Brunch I believe is $15 ( Again, we were comped )

Italian & Tangos $10 / Chin Chin $15 / Bistro $20 / Cagney's $25 ( I'm not sure of the price because I had dinner with the Captain one night and we were comped by the Hotel Director, Hugo, the other night ) A Taste of Everything Brunch I believe is $15 ( Again, we were comped )

The above is correct with the following additions :

Mongolian Hot Pot $15

Sushi Bar $15

Teppanyaki $25

Tsar's Palace, Azura (a smaller dining room), Blue Lagoon (24 hour) and Garden Cafe (enormous multi-station buffet) all are included.

Java Cafe in the Crystal Atrium is a wonderful mini Starbucks-like eatery.:)

Last week Chocoholic Buffet was also held from 7-10 pm

We were on the Jewel last July and thought the crew was amazing as well. John O'Hara is the best hotel director we have come across. Although we have never had a problem that needed to be addressed on any ship, he made a point of wanting to be made aware of any issues. He always had a smile on his face and you did see him around the ship...and Parker was a wonderful cruise director (unfortunately he has left NCL).

After 10 cruises in the last 21 months, I can say that this was the best. This was the first time that a Captain went out of his way to make sure that every guest was satisfied. Hugo, the Hotel Manager, ran the best crew we had ever had. All the staff seems to love working for him. We only ate at the specialty restaurants and the food was better than it's been. Dan the Man, the Cruise Director, was great. They now have 'Deal or No Deal' on board and I thought he was as good as Howie Mandel. I have never seen a happier staff than on the Jewel. There seems to be more to do on this ship than any of the others although I have not been on the Epic as of yet. If your considering which ship to choose, this is the one. This was my fourth time on it and I'm so glad we did. If I can answer any questions you may have, I'll gladly do so

We loved the Jewel as well and had a wonderful time. I'm not sure if the staff was the same from our cruise in January, but every staff member we met was great. Everyone was smiling and polite, and couldn't do enough for us.

We especially loved Mama's Italian (ate there 3 times!) and Chin-Chin.

We look forward to cruising on the Jewel again.

I am booked in a Courtyard Villa on the Jewel in June. By any chance were you in that area? If so - any helpful hints for the Jewel Courtyard?

We only stay in the courtyard villas. I reccomend 14506 or 14508. The further forward the better. 14508 is in the middle of the two doors that lead into the courtyard. A little less noise from people entering and exiting. The further back you go, you may get some vibration from the engine stacks. I have been in most of the rooms and these are the best. Have fun on your cruise, I'm sure you will. There will be a new concierge as Adrian is due to leave for vacation in a couple of weeks. If you stay on the port side of the ship, you will have Nelson as your butler. He is considered to be the best on the ship. Titi will be you Cabin Steward. He is also wonderful. If this is your first visit to the courtyard, you in for a major treat. It does not get any better.

We only stay in the courtyard villas. I reccomend 14506 or 14508. The further forward the better. 14508 is in the middle of the two doors that lead into the courtyard. A little less noise from people entering and exiting. The further back you go, you may get some vibration from the engine stacks. I have been in most of the rooms and these are the best. Have fun on your cruise, I'm sure you will. There will be a new concierge as Adrian is due to leave for vacation in a couple of weeks. If you stay on the port side of the ship, you will have Nelson as your butler. He is considered to be the best on the ship. Titi will be you Cabin Steward. He is also wonderful. If this is your first visit to the courtyard, you in for a major treat. It does not get any better.

Those are not the Courtyard Villas. The Villas are 14000 and 14500. You are talking about the Courtyard Suites.

Those are not the Courtyard Villas. The Villas are 14000 and 14500. You are talking about the Courtyard Suites.

No, You are wrong. You are thinking of Garden Villas. The Courtyard Villas are the two bedrooms. The single bedroom is a courtyard suite. Look it up

Got back today from the Jewel and stayed in the forward penthouse on deck 9. Loved the balcony but wasn't crazy about the layout of the room. We found it a bit confining. We had Dinner with the captain as well and he was so informal and fun. Mr. Hugo the hotel director was everywhere at once and a pleasure to deal with. The crew seems to really love him. We had two incidents on the ship, one stroke patient removed in St Maartin and one seriously ill person removed at midnight one night on a coast guard cutter. We enjoyed the food and had a great relaxed time.

We also had the pleasure of meeting a group of cruise critics members who made the ship one of the most enjoyable cruises ever.

Archived