Stingray City Waverunner Excursion with Island Marketing

kab996

Anyone done this tour? Is it a timeshare pitch tour? Seems a lot less money than the other Jet Ski tours. Is there a catch? We wanted to do this tour in July.

Thanks

We have done this tour and loved it!!!!

There is no timeshare pitch or anything having to do with selling something.

We prepaid for transportation via island marketing and they met you right in front of a gift shop. They then took you to the resort, got everyone to sign waivers and pay for the excursion, and once everyone was set off you go.

It was done as a group, the first stop was the stingrays and then off to rum point. It was like driving on a sheet of glass. One of the smoothest rides ever.

You will not be disappointed.

Christine

2081115710102143995S500x500Q85.jpg

2088467410102143995S500x500Q85.jpg

2224983500102143995S500x500Q85.jpg

2950868250102143995S500x500Q85.jpg

GREAT! Thank you so much. I have heard horror stories of rough water so I am scared. Hoping we have smooth water in early July. How many people were in the group and do you know what company it was?? I know Island Marketing is the booking agent but I'd like to know what tour company it was.

Thanks

GREAT! Thank you so much. I have heard horror stories of rough water so I am scared. Hoping we have smooth water in early July. How many people were in the group and do you know what company it was?? I know Island Marketing is the booking agent but I'd like to know what tour company it was.

Thanks

We had about somewhere about 9 jetskis in total. Some single riders and some doubles. You can only as fast as the slowest person. They try to keep everyone together. We had the jet ski up to about 60-65 mph. But was never a big issue for our group. It was at a resort/hotel but for the life of me I can not remember the name. They ran there operation from there. But only people that were booked with island marketing were with us.

Christine, thanks for the pictures! This excursion looks SO fun! I am considering it for my next cruise. How long were you at Rum Point? I know it's only 2 hours "from beach to beach". Did you stay at the resort afterwards? If so, how did you like it? Thanks.

Louisa

Christine, thanks for the pictures! This excursion looks SO fun! I am considering it for my next cruise. How long were you at Rum Point? I know it's only 2 hours "from beach to beach". Did you stay at the resort afterwards? If so, how did you like it? Thanks.

Louisa

Louisa,

I believe we where at rum point for about 45min - 1 hour. It gave you enough time to see everything, but the place is so beautiful that I wish we could have stayed longer.

I thought the tour was more like 2 1/2 hours long.

We did not choose to stay at the resort afterwards and come to think of it I do not think anyone that day did. It is a nice place but very quiet and not much going on. We choose to go back into town and do some shopping and hit margartiaville.

This was a great excursion and would not hesitate to book it again....actually we are going to grand cayman in less than 10 days and if it wasnt for all 4 of us going and me being a cheapskate we would have booked it again. Instead we are doing Rays, Reefs and Rum point with Nativeway. Much more cost effect with the family.

Have fun.....Chrissy

Chrissy, thanks for your reply. We actually did the same tour through Nativeways last time we were in GC. Great tour! You won't be disappointed. At least you are going back to Rum Point. You are there about 90 minutes, I think. Have fun!

Chrissy, thanks for your reply. We actually did the same tour through Nativeways last time we were in GC. Great tour! You won't be disappointed. At least you are going back to Rum Point. You are there about 90 minutes, I think. Have fun!

Unfortunatley the are customizing our tour due to the time frame that we are in port...so some of the stops are being cut a little short. But I am still happy that we are going back to rum point.

We've done this tour 3 times. The resort is the Grand Caymanian. We have hung out there afterwards for awhile - every time it has been empty. They make great frozen drinks. Pinacolada, mudslide and bushwhacker have all bee tasty.

Generally the guides let the group decide if they want to snorkel or do Rum Point. Pick Rum Point! The water is not always smooth - it is going to depend on weather conditions. And if people are TOO slow on the waverunners, the guides can get impatient. We are usually the first ones behind them and one time some people were so slow we almost didn't get to do the stingrays and rum point. So keep that in mind.

The guides will expect tips. You'll also want to carry some cash if you want to get drinks or snacks at Rum Point. As I recall, they only take cash, no credit cards.

Archived