creating a cruise countdown (not electronic)

Hello! I am not sure what board to ask this on. We are going on a cruise in about 50 days and I would like to create a cruise countdown of some sort for my and my hubby and the other couple we are going with. Every cruise we go on I say that I want to do this, but I never have. I need some ideas. I searched the board and did see a great one using an over-the-door shoe organizer, but I would like something smaller. Any ideas how I could create something like this, where we could tear or flip a page daily, or something similar? THANKS!

The classic one is the ring-of-chains made with paper strips, where you remove one every day. We did one last year for my daughter in ICU, to mark the day she wanted to be out of the hospital, to make it to her high school prom.

You could make it upscale, by using fancy foil papers or origami folding papers.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the response! I ended up making one with small sticky-notes. They are numbered and you peel one off every day. Under them all are pictures of the ship, the map, etc. I love peeling a piece off each day!! :)

The classic one is the ring-of-chains made with paper strips, where you remove one every day. We did one last year for my daughter in ICU, to mark the day she wanted to be out of the hospital, to make it to her high school prom.

You could make it upscale, by using fancy foil papers or origami folding papers.

Archived