Jewel vs Pearl

EtheB

So - been looking at a "secret treasures" cruise in 2012.

Interestingly it seems I have the choice of Jewel in May or Pearl in June.

I've been on the Jewel (16 night "explorer" in 2010) and had a great time - despite the reviews being all over the place.

I've been reading about the Pearl and again the reviews seem to vary from heaven to hell.

Has anyone been on both?

I have no problems traveling on the Jewel again - I'd know exactly what to expect, but am wondering whether I'd be better off trying a different ship?

Or not...

I've been on both. Going on Jewel in July again for 3 night quickie :p.

There isn't much difference. I went on the Pearl to find out for myself.....you might like to do the same to try something new too :D

I've been on both. Going on Jewel in July again for 3 night quickie :p.

There isn't much difference. I went on the Pearl to find out for myself.....you might like to do the same to try something new too :D

r

I have to agree. There isn't a huge amount of difference except Pearl has a Dome. I think Lido deck (pool deck) is better on the Jewel. Kids clubs are in a better location on the Pearl. I would book another cruise on either ship :).

So - been looking at a "secret treasures" cruise in 2012.

Interestingly it seems I have the choice of Jewel in May or Pearl in June.

I've been on the Jewel (16 night "explorer" in 2010) and had a great time - despite the reviews being all over the place.

I've been reading about the Pearl and again the reviews seem to vary from heaven to hell.

Has anyone been on both?

I have no problems traveling on the Jewel again - I'd know exactly what to expect, but am wondering whether I'd be better off trying a different ship?

Or not...

We've been on both, and Pearl is definetly the nicer of the two ships. So given the same itinerary - Ï'd choose Pearl over Jewel everytime.

We've been on both, and Pearl is definetly the nicer of the two ships. So given the same itinerary - Ï'd choose Pearl over Jewel everytime.

Was Pearl "nicer" for any particular reason or just a general feel.

Curious to know whether it may have been factors such as hundreds of kids running around, etc.

As is well documented on this forum we were not at all happy with our cruise on the Pearl (except for the friends we made). As we got an exceptional deal to cruise on the Jewel (23 June) and so far we have gotten pretty good reviews on the Jewel since it has returned to service, we thought we would give P&O another go.

So whether you like it or not, you're going to get another review:p

Cheers

Di

Was Pearl "nicer" for any particular reason or just a general feel.

Curious to know whether it may have been factors such as hundreds of kids running around, etc.

Pearl just has a much better feel about her. The conversion from Ocean Village was done a lot better than the conversion of Pacific Jewel from Ocean Village 2. Jewel's decor is very busy, but Pearl's is much more relaxed.

She also has much more space, she doesn't feel as crowded.

As is well documented on this forum we were not at all happy with our cruise on the Pearl (except for the friends we made). As we got an exceptional deal to cruise on the Jewel (23 June) and so far we have gotten pretty good reviews on the Jewel since it has returned to service, we thought we would give P&O another go.

Cheers

Di

We'll be onboard with you, Di. But our deal was good, not exceptional since we're in an inside cabin. But it was the last available wheelchair cabin at the time.

Cheers

Di

hi Di, we will be onboard also so we'll see you too.....are you having sailaway in your suite again.....hope you are not on deck 11 under the smoking area

bob

Cheers

Di

I'm Shocked :eek: hehe :D :p

I have really yet to see anyone come back from the Pearl and say it was just alright or good or did the job.

Everyone either says it's the best or the worst ship they have ever travelled on and that they're definitely going back or never setting foot near it again :P

Pretty funny actually :)

I have really yet to see anyone come back from the Pearl and say it was just alright or good or did the job.

Everyone either says it's the best or the worst ship they have ever travelled on and that they're definitely going back or never setting foot near it again :P

Pretty funny actually :)

Hmm, everybody either LOVES or HATES Pacific Pearl

AND

Everyone either LOVES or HATES the current Cruise Director, Zoltina-J.

Coincidence??

Interestingly I have a foot in both camps (like P.Pearl, don't like Z-J)

Archived