Just off the Sensation. Only 1 issue, that cannot be fixed.

6 of us

I am kind of surprised that Carnival allows smoking in the cabins, when anyone could have asthma & allergies & such, since it can apparently travel so easily. This was the 1st time I have ever had a problem. As I said, the room steward said it was coming in from a deck smoking area. When I called Carnival today, they pulled up a plan & said it had to be coming from another cabin. Who knows. They did tell me if I would cruise on the Dream, that they have designated no smoking cabin areas.

Interesting....we were on the Imagination in April, in porthole U17, I think. We had the same smoke odor problem! And I know that it was there when we checked out our room at 1:30, so I don't think it was from smokers on that particular sailing. The odor was strong in the hallway as we got closer to the cabin and similarly, our cabin steward seemed to know of the problem as soon as we mentioned it. We could smell it frequently throughout our sailing. Our steward did try to keep it fresh and clean smelling for us. I had also read about this prior to our cruise. Hmmm......

Interesting....we were on the Imagination in April, in porthole U17, I think. We had the same smoke odor problem! And I know that it was there when we checked out our room at 1:30, so I don't think it was from smokers on that particular sailing. The odor was strong in the hallway as we got closer to the cabin and similarly, our cabin steward seemed to know of the problem as soon as we mentioned it. We could smell it frequently throughout our sailing. Our steward did try to keep it fresh and clean smelling for us. I had also read about this prior to our cruise. Hmmm......

Wow, that is very interesting! And you read about this issue before?? Surely then, Carnival must know of the issue. They acted shocked with me, other than the room steward. I realize smokers have their rights & I have no problem with that! Smoke it up! But I have rights to not smell it inside my closed, paid for cabin, seems reasonable to me. They need to fix that problem if they are going to allow smoking in the cabins.We have discussed this over & over & since it was our anniversary cruise, & we were locked out of our cabin & such, & Carnival let us know it was too bad, we are cruising a different line next time.

• 2 weeks later...

If your neighbor does not have their A/C on full blast....the smoke can travel down the hallway and into the neighboring cabin.

It is just a matter of time before Carnival stops smoking in the cabins RCCL and others did years ago.

I cannot wait for that day!! :D

You know what I hate more than smokers? People who complain about smokers. I've found they're far more obnoxious than the actual smokers. This coming from a guy who has never smoked. Especially those that complain about their "rights." If you're an american, you only have the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. You don't have the right to happiness, only the pursuit of, and isn't it easier to pursue happiness by fixing your own personal situation than by trying to change someone else's habit? Pursue your own happiness, and stop trying to limit other people's.

You know what I hate more than smokers? People who complain about smokers. I've found they're far more obnoxious than the actual smokers. This coming from a guy who has never smoked. Especially those that complain about their "rights." If you're an american, you only have the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. You don't have the right to happiness, only the pursuit of, and isn't it easier to pursue happiness by fixing your own personal situation than by trying to change someone else's habit? Pursue your own happiness, and stop trying to limit other people's.

Inhaling second hand smoke endangers my life. 'Nuff said.........

Actually, you have those rights until they infringe on another person's very same rights. Your understanding is flawed. My not smoking never stops another from smoking, nor does it effect their life, liberty or pursuits. Honestly, I could care less, as I have said, if another smokes or even what they smoke. Now when they spew it in my area & I have no choice but to breath it, I will try to change this situation, as you just stated, so I guess you actually agree.

Archived