Flying Cloud or Blue Hole Watersports in Nassau

cici30

My husband & I really want to do Stuart Cove's snorkeling excursion in Nassau, but we won't have time. Therefore, we are considering Flying Cloud & Blue Hole Watersports. Has anyone been snorkeling with either company?

We went with Blue Hole Watersports in Nassau about a year ago. There were 6 of us from the cruise ship - we booked it via email.

Very nice people. I will say that when we found Blue Hole at the dock, we were a bit surprised as just how small the boat was. But, the snorkeling excursion was great! The driver gave us some options and did what we wanted to do. We experienced some very good snorkeling. I would use them again. Hope this helps.

Below are a couple of pics...

web.jpg?ver=12746679200001

web.jpg?ver=12746679240001

• 2 weeks later...

Last December my husband and I booked the catamaran/snorkel excursion through Flying Cloud in Nassau and had a great time, with one exception:

We got off the boat at the port and were looking for the "Flying Cloud" van to pick us up but it never showed. We walked up and down the street, asking the other companies where we could find them and they were nowhere to be found. We ended up taking a taxi to their location, saved the receipt, and sought reimbursement for the cost of the taxi ride. There was no explanation offered as to why they never came to pick us up, as they had promised in email confirmation from booking the excursion.

Other than that, we had a very positive experience - Catamaran was crowded but there was room for everyone. First stop for snorkeling was in very cold water, I was a bit shocked. The crew really encouraged everyone to get in the water, and I'm glad they did b/c I had a great time once I finally got in. The snorkeling location was okay, near an interesting reef. Bring your own towel!!! I didn't and shivered for a while before warming back up in the sun.

We enjoyed the boat ride which took us around the island and stopped near a beach. They served a delicious lunch on the boat (pulled pork, rice and beans, fruit, all very yummy) and had unlimited rum punch (everything else was cash bar). The catamaran stayed put for 45 min or so so people could get off and go exploring. Unfortunately for us, rain hit just at that time, so we opted to stay on the boat, under covering, rather than go to the beach. The crew turned the boat into a dance party and we had a fabulous time dancing, drinking and making friends with the guests and the crew. The crew really tries to get everyone up and dancing and makes sure everyone is having a good time.

Overall, we really enjoyed our excursion with Flying Cloud. It was reasonably priced and a great way to spend a few hours in Nassau.

booked the catamaran/snorkel excursion through Flying Cloud in Nassau and had a great time, with one exception:

We got off the boat at the port and were looking for the "Flying Cloud" van to pick us up but it never showed. We walked up and down the street, asking the other companies where we could find them and they were nowhere to be found. We ended up taking a taxi to their location, saved the receipt, and sought reimbursement for the cost of the taxi ride. There was no explanation offered as to why they never came to pick us up, as they had promised in email confirmation from booking the excursion.

That doesn't sound like a reliable tour company. Visiting an island on a cruise ship there is NO time to waste.

Other than that, we had a very positive experience - Catamaran was crowded but there was room for everyone.

Thanks for helping me narrow down snorkel tour operators. I'm crossing Flying Cloud off my list because of this review. If I want a crowded catamaran I'll take the ship tour. IMO independent tours shouldn't be crowded.

No offense to you kimmyg, their tour doesn't sound like the one for me. Thank you for offering your opinions & review

Archived