star alaska activities

margyrita

We are taking our kids ages, 11 and 6 on the Star to Alaska in July. Sorry for all the questions, but this is our first cruise in 20 years. I am getting a little nervous reading some of the negative reviews of this ship. Is there enough for the kids to do? How about family and adult activities? And are the pools useable this time of year?:eek:

We just got off the Star on Saturday and I have no complaints about the ship. This was a kid-free vacation for us (left our little ones at home w/ grandparents), but they would have been happy with the ship as well. I talked to one couple whose 7 year old loved the kids club she didn't want to leave it.

The pools were open, and kids were swimming in them. Way too cold for me, but the TV gave stats and said the pools were 82 degrees. Two medium waterslides mid deck and two smallish ones in the back. Most of the entertainment is geared for adults, but I'm sure the kids are well entertained at kids club. The magic shows were spectacular.

I'm sure you will have a fantastic cruise! The food was excellent (we did Italian and Mexican specialty restaurants and thought they were very good), the service great, and the ports and scenery were amazing.

The Star is our favorite ship. We're going on her for the 4th time in less than 15 weeks. (But who is counting!)

Back in 2006 we took 2 nephews and a niece with us on the Star - all in their early teens at the time and they had a blast. 2 of them joined the teen club and the other preferred to stay with us. I don't remember all the activities but the teen club kept them busy and they enjoyed whatever they did together.

I realize your kids are in a younger group but I imagine the younger kids club keeps them busy with fun activities too, if you choose to have your kids join in.

We always see the younger crowds with their club leaders (or whatever they're called) and they all seem to be having a great time.

Archived