Quebec city walking tours are a must do

If anyone is scheduled to visit Quebec City, I highly recomend the walking tours. There are places that one can enjoy through a bus window, but the old Quebec is not one.

One needs to see this lovely city on foot.

I could not agree more! There are self guided tours out there so this need not be expensive. going on your own gives you maximum flexibility. Quebec is such a great port because you dock right in the lower town historic area and can immediately become immersed in this city.

I could not agree more! There are self guided tours out there so this need not be expensive. going on your own gives you maximum flexibility. Quebec is such a great port because you dock right in the lower town historic area and can immediately become immersed in this city.

We are planning to spend 4 nights in the city then get on a cruise ship. is it best to rent a car to tour the island of ile de orleans or is there a tour? can we do both in a day if we rent the car? anything else you would recommend? thanks for anything that you suggest.

miss pupule

What do you recommend for a self guided tour? Is there a map we should get or places that are important to see? Is there a cost for any of the buildings? We will be in Quebec City on the Maasdam on a Sunday.

We are planning to spend 4 nights in the city then get on a cruise ship. is it best to rent a car to tour the island of ile de orleans or is there a tour? can we do both in a day if we rent the car? anything else you would recommend? thanks for anything that you suggest.

miss pupule

If you do rent a car, I would recommend that actually stay at one (or two) of the many B&Bs on the Ile d'Orleans. We had a wonderful time there a few year ago. Probably also less expensive than in the city of Quebec. There is an INFORMATION office just as you enter the island off the bridge, which can show you which places are available. I'm sure that there is also a website. We just happened to discover the INFORMATION office by accident; and, spent three or four nights at two different places.........both wonderful.

• 3 weeks later...
What do you recommend for a self guided tour? Is there a map we should get or places that are important to see? Is there a cost for any of the buildings? We will be in Quebec City on the Maasdam on a Sunday.

sorry I didn't see this earlier....

Notre Dame Des Victories square...Basse Ville

the Chateau

Old city walls

Basilque Notre Dame

Chapelle/Musee des Ursulines

Mason Chevalier

Hope that helps, I was on a ship tour and don't recall all the names that the tour guide mentioned.

Archived