All inclusive Cruise

I think it's fine the way it is. We don't drink much. Our bill is usually less than $150 for a week. I've noticed a big difference on land vacations that are all inclusive and those that are not (Price wise). All inclusive is not necessarily cheaper. As far as Ben & Jerry's and Johnny Rockets, they have many other places that I can eat for free. Now if they start charging for everything, then I'd be upset.

Y'know, a quick and easy way to see what people would pay for an all-inclusive is to go price out cruises on the luxury lines! That's what people ARE paying for all-inclusive.

LeeAnne

This doesn't necessarily match up. You can't tell what the reasons are for selecting different cruise lines may be and that isn't comparing apples with apples. Some people like RCI for the activities (like the ice skating rink and the rock climbing walls) or would spend $200/pp more for a Voyager class ship with drinks, etc included , but not $500/pp for a luxury liner.

This doesn't necessarily match up. You can't tell what the reasons are for selecting different cruise lines may be and that isn't comparing apples with apples. Some people like RCI for the activities (like the ice skating rink and the rock climbing walls) or would spend $200/pp more for a Voyager class ship with drinks, etc included , but not $500/pp for a luxury liner.

Okay, true. :) And I need to recognize that the point of this thread is not a comparison between the mass-market vs. luxury lines...it's wondering how people would feel about the cruiselines they know and love going all-inclusive, and how much they would be willing to pay for that.

I just wanted people to know that if the idea of all-inclusive does appeal to you, there are options out there that truly are affordable. There are so many other differences between the two types of lines, though, that inclusion is just one small piece of it.

There's a great article on CC that goes into great detail about the actual differences between luxury vs. mass-market, if anyone cares to check it out:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/cruisestyles/articles.cfm?ID=124

LeeAnne

Archived