Flip Video with Ikelite Underwater Housing

This may have been answered, but has anyone used the Ikelite Underwater Housing for a Flip Video Ultra HD? I have the Flip Video Underwater Case but only goes under up to 30 feet. I tested that one underwater and the video is amazing!

Though since scuba diving requires more than 30 feet, I need something better. The price is $246, which is high, but I've never seen any housing cheaper.

Thanks for the help! :)

• 1 month later...
This may have been answered, but has anyone used the Ikelite Underwater Housing for a Flip Video Ultra HD? I have the Flip Video Underwater Case but only goes under up to 30 feet. I tested that one underwater and the video is amazing!

Though since scuba diving requires more than 30 feet, I need something better. The price is $246, which is high, but I've never seen any housing cheaper.

Thanks for the help! :)

I have an Ike Lite case for my Olympus camera. While it is not a video camera, it works great and keeps my camera dry. For an underwater casing, I would say that $246 isn't too bad.....but then again, I have only purchased the one and did it through the dive shop we use locally. Good luck.

We just bought this camera, but not the UW housing, since I am waiting for the price to come down - it's way over priced at $246, considering we paid less than $50 for the camera on line recently.

We have a friend who has the housing and went on this years Scuba Cruise sponsored by Cruise Critic - it took excellent video, so that's why I got one for myself. But as this camera is being phased out (on clearance) I was told the housing will be dropping in price in a few months time.

If you'd like to see the quality of our dive videos, please visit our Scuba Cruise Blog - all the amazing dive videos from the 2011 cruise were shot using this camera - the crappy ones were captured on some of the more expensive dive cameras in the group (but the still photos are amazing to say the least.) To locate the videos, simply scroll down and watch for them on the right side of the page - they are on youtube and sorted by days.

Good luck!!

• 1 month later...

Archived