Pirate ship or Las Caletas?

CRUISING71

• 2 weeks later...

is definately alot of fun especially with kids. The day trip is very family oriented and there is time in the water as well. They do skits and engage ALL the passengers. The evening Pirate shp trip is more of an adult experience. Las Caletas is basically a beach day. There is a buffet and a bar, or sodas for the kids, that is available and part of the cost. Kayaks are available although they don't have many, and i believe there are sea lions or some type of marine mammal that you can interact with but I think it is an extra cost. It is a beutiful area but my choice, with kids, would be the Pirate Ship hands down!

My vote is for Las Caletas. OMG, it is absolutley beautiful. We were gramma, 2 daughters 40 and 38 and two kids, 10 and 5. We had the best day! The lunch was yummy, the water clear and the kids had a ball! They had kayaks, inner tubes, snorkling, massages (daughters loved them), life jackets for the kids and open bar.

The pirate ship in Puerto Vallarta looked kinds cheesy to me :eek: and it looks like there is no shade on the boat. We were very glad we went to Las Caletas!:D

Las Caletas.

Fun catamaran ride to isolated beach area. Boat crew do a great job. Party atmoshpere. Open bar, music, sea life.

Great buffet lunch. Beautiful setting. Lots of free activities.

I've done 3 excursions with Vallarta Adventures and am very impressed. They are a top notch outfit. Great people.

We're doing the Rhythms of the Night in October. Can't wait! :)

• 2 weeks later...

I second Las Celetas. Just got back a few weeks ago and it was an amazing day. They have snorkling, kayaking, paddle boats, and they have group outings on all of these activities or you can go on your own. I will be going back next year. The girls all did a message for $25 a half hour. They absoultly loved it!

We just got back, and the kids loved the Pirate Ship Adventure. They served breakfast (eggs and deli ham slices, jusice, milk, coffee) basic but okay. Lunch was also served which was awesome! DH, DS15 had chicken cordon blue (real), with a spagetti type dish, and salad. DS10 had a cheeseburger with fries, DD6 had chicken nuggets (more like chicken strips) and fries. I had a steak and shrimp cabbob..which was delicious!! All the drinks you want. Themed potties.

The entertainment was great, although the ride is a little rough. We took dramamine, and still got sick (in a.m.). But then we were fine. Snorkeled, Kayaked played in the water.

This is a great adventure to do at least once.

We've been to both with our 5 year old son. I think the pirates was a lot of fun for his age group and maybe not so much for a 15 year old. You will really enjoy Las Caletas! We were just there in April and it was beautiful. Lot's of cool places to hike around, too. The lunch was excellent. Don't forget to bring some tip money for the people on Las Caletas that serve you (they have a little box to put tips in at the end) and for the people on the boat. Nice massages there, too.

We've never taken the Pirate boat 'cause our whole family (3 generations) loves Las Caletas. We have been there 4 or 5 times and our granddaughter, who had been there once with us, chose that excursion when she and her husband (both in their 20's) cruised to PV. It's a great place for all ages, and the ride over and back is fun too. The crew does a great job of entertaining.

Archived