Yet another turtle tour question

craigtompkins

We will be in Barbados on July 5th on the Carnival Victory. We know want to do a snorkle tour with the turtles. Out of the 4 of us, 2 would be fine swimming out from the beach, but the other 2 are not comfortable doing so and would like to be on a tour that takes them out there. We are all for saving money and getting away from the ship tours.

That being said we'd like to get some recommendations from those of you that have done this before. We'd like to be around the $50-$60 pp rate. The best looking option I've come across is the Glory Tour Experience Barbados Option 2 at $65 per person. It has a land tour followed by a glass bottom boat and swim with the turtles sea tour.

TIA for all input.

Craig

We will be in Barbados on July 5th on the Carnival Victory. We know want to do a snorkle tour with the turtles. Out of the 4 of us, 2 would be fine swimming out from the beach, but the other 2 are not comfortable doing so and would like to be on a tour that takes them out there. We are all for saving money and getting away from the ship tours.

That being said we'd like to get some recommendations from those of you that have done this before. We'd like to be around the $50-$60 pp rate. The best looking option I've come across is the Glory Tour Experience Barbados Option 2 at $65 per person. It has a land tour followed by a glass bottom boat and swim with the turtles sea tour.

TIA for all input.

Craig

Shasa has a 3 hour catamaran tour with 2 snorkling stops (one with the turtles and one at a shipwreck) that is $60 per person. They have a 5 hour lunch cruise that adds a beach stop for $80.

They have gotten good reviews on here and I will give a new review when I get back from my cruise (I leave next weekend). I'm going on their 5 hour lunch cruise.

TIA for all input.

Craig

We just got back from Barbados on the Carnival Victory in May. I did a ton of research before booking a catamaran/snorkel trip to swim with the turtles. We went with Capt. Ron on Wasn't Me. You can read my review of our cruise and, click on the Barbados review to know all about our trip with Ron. I recommend him. We paid $75/pp, but it's off-season now so you might negotiate a few dollars cheaper. Keep in mind this was ALL day (5 hours or so), only 12 people on board, lunch and drinks included.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=83410

• 3 weeks later...

We use Calabaza sail when we go. Gina and her crew are amazing and all your food and drinks are included in the price. In May it was $100 pp, they pick you up at the port, take you to the catamaran, you have all day and then they take you back to the port. The ship is clean, well run with both men's and women's bathrooms. She may be willing to do a smaller tour that will cost less. the website for them is sailcalabaza.com Again they are wonderful

Archived