Car or Scoot car rental Carnival Pier

Chloesbuddy

Hi all, from reading the website it appears as though most often Carnival uses its own pier in Cozumel. I wanted to know what the car rental options are at or near that peer. Including things like scooters and scoot cars. I just want to know what others have done at this peer as there doesn't seem to be a wealth of information on it.

Thanks for your help.

There is always a representative for car rental agencys set up when you get off the ship along with scooter rentals. If you do rent a car, I highly recommend you get the full insurance which is more than the rental.

We have been to Playa del Carmen and Coz with the cruise lines and on land vacations so many times I cant count. If you only get the minimum insurance be sure to bring a good chunk of cash in case anything should happen.

Last year in Playa we rented a car for the week, went to the Mega and when we got back to the condo I noticed that the front drivers side was seriously damaged. If we did not get the full insurance (which thankfully we did) we would have had to pay for the damages before we left the country. And it would not have been cheap.

If you ever go to Playa look around, most of the cars have some sort of damage, dings, etc. This to me was an indication on how some of the people drive there (I really don't think it was from falling coconuts :p).

Unless you have a scooter at home that you ride a lot, I STRONGLY recommend not getting a scooter. It is the #1 cause of all tourist accidents in CZM. They are very dangerous and not worth the risk in my opinion. Rent a buggy with no top if you want that wind threw your hair feeling. :)

Archived