WARNING - Jewelry Shopping

maryanngup

Please be careful when buying from Diamond Bazar in Port Zante. I purchased an expensive tanzanite ring in February. I only wore it about three times, and in March I noticed a small diamond had fallen out. I notified their Service Center which is in NJ and was listed to go to for any problems. They claimed their guarantee did not cover a stone falling out which is correct. However they are supposed to cover a defect in workmanship which I believe this was since it happened so soon after purchase. They wanted me to send it back (they don't cover postage & ins.) and were going to charge me for replacing it but not for labor. I felt it should have been done at no charge.

Maybe I'm wrong in this, but I don't feel that I am. I just wanted to make others aware of dealing with them. I have purchased jewelry in the Caribbean many times. I had a stone fall out of a ring several years after I purchased it from Cardow's in St. Thomas, and they replaced it with no questions asked and even paid the postage.

Mary Ann

Archived