hawaii cruise on ncl pride

looking at booking a cruise on pride in sept 2012 in hawaii we are usual princess cruisers but looking at this trip due its itinerary , just wondering what some of your thoughts are about this cruise and on this ship and if pearl harbour is close to any of the ports on this cruise thanks sheldon

looking at booking a cruise on pride in sept 2012 in hawaii we are usual princess cruisers but looking at this trip due its itinerary , just wondering what some of your thoughts are about this cruise and on this ship and if pearl harbour is close to any of the ports on this cruise thanks sheldon

Go visit the Cruise Critic ports of call board that is dedicated to Hawaii. You will find loads of great info there.

In my opinion a cruise ship is the perfect way to see the Hawaiian islands. I did it on the Pride of Hawaii (which no longer sails in Hawail) but I am sure the Pride of America is just as good. It is a great way to see a large number of islands--each of which has its own "personality"--and I liked having an American crew. Pearl Harbor is not really near the cruise terminal--you will need to rent a car or take a cab--but definitely do it. I went and was a little underwhelmed--there is a lot of waiting around in crowds to see the USS Arizona--but it was one of the must-do things on my list (along with Waikiki) and I'm glad I went.

Happy cruising.

two or three times a year. We almost always do POA. We basically cruise Crystal, Seabourn, Silversea and Celebrity the rest of the time. However, on POA you always feel welcome. We do get one of the suites as the perks are always worth it. If you combine it with a few days before or a few days after, it is the world's best value and the world's best experience. They have a cruise office in Arizona and there is the most wonderful agent there, Terri Egelston and she will set you up with their exucursions which are really good for the cost. We have taken 18 of our kids and grandkids on that cruise. There is nothing not to like. Please feel free to ask me more. NO DOWNSIDES TO THIS EXPERIENCE.

Go visit the Cruise Critic ports of call board that is dedicated to Hawaii. You will find loads of great info there.

I agree that you should go to the Hawaii boards. There are many reviews there, including my review of our golf cruise on POA 4/30/11 sailing. You're gonna love this cruise!

We have been on POA 3 times 2007, 2008, 2009 & are booked for the last week in Aug. of 2012. Can't wait to go back. It is an excellent way to see several of the Islands, verses a say, 14 day cruise out of California or Vancover that spends 7 or more days at sea just getting to Hawaii. I think (at least for me) this is the perfect cruise. It sails right out of Honolulu. We stay near the beach in Waikiki. Absolute the middle of everything. A must for us is Germain's Luau. What a blast !!!!!!!!!! You will not regret it. Have Fun !!!!!!:)

Archived