Rent a wreck juneau

messymarie

We used them a few weeks ago and the walk from DOCK A was not too bad but it is about a 10 minute brisk walk and slightly uphill. If you are not up for it, then you can take a cab. One other couple did this and it was around $5. If you dock at any of the other piers, you will need to take a cab, it is a long way.

Also, call RentaWreck the week before you leave. Noone was at the location when we arrived so I called them. Apparently the girls misread the calendar and did not open this location. Our reservation was at 7am and we were only in port from 7am to 2pm. The other couples reservation was for 8am. They arrived right at 8am and since they were an hour late, it cut our time in Juneau short. They were not at the location when we returned either so we just left the car in the lot.

Will probably not use them again as we did not find them to concerned about the inconvenience this caused us. The lady told us we would still have plenty of time to see the area. NOT!!

We used them a few weeks ago and the walk from DOCK A was not too bad but it is about a 10 minute brisk walk and slightly uphill. If you are not up for it, then you can take a cab. One other couple did this and it was around $5. If you dock at any of the other piers, you will need to take a cab, it is a long way.

Also, call RentaWreck the week before you leave. Noone was at the location when we arrived so I called them. Apparently the girls misread the calendar and did not open this location. Our reservation was at 7am and we were only in port from 7am to 2pm. The other couples reservation was for 8am. They arrived right at 8am and since they were an hour late, it cut our time in Juneau short. They were not at the location when we returned either so we just left the car in the lot.

Will probably not use them again as we did not find them to concerned about the inconvenience this caused us. The lady told us we would still have plenty of time to see the area. NOT!!

I have heard something similar for the Avis in Whittier.

I am sorry things did not work out well for you. I am sure that was a big disappointment.

Sorry to hear that, Dasey. There's a concept up here called "Alaska Time." Everyone runs about an hour late to everything; it's maddening. On the other hand, people are also very helpful and generous and wouldn't just drive by if you were broken down.

we used them and they were very helpful. We wanted to see Mendenhall and also had a whale watching tour planned. So we walked over to the office a few blocks south of the ship (it is a hike though- and it was hot the day I did it- I wished I had taken a cab). They arranged to have us drop the car out at their office in the town by Mendenhall and took us over to where the whale watching took off. They took care of contacting the tour group for us and it worked out very well and gave us some extra time rather than having to go back to town and retrace our steps.

Archived