Houston/Galveston

melaniausa

I am planning on taking a cruise next March in Galveston. Since I have not been to that area before I thought I would like to stay one night in Houston and one night in Galveston. In Houston I was looking at the Galleria area where the Westin hotels are connceted to the shopping area. Has anyone every stayed at these hotels? Is Houston Hobby far from the Westin hotels? Would another area in Houston be better for shopping, dinner and entertainment? Any input would be helpful. Thanks!

I'll try to answer your questions. I live in the Houston area, so I've never stayed in Hotels here, but staying at the Galleria would be a good recommendation, especially since you're staying only one night in Houston. I've sent other people to stay there and everything has been fine. There will be plenty to do there.

The Galleria is only about 17 - 18 miles from Hobby, not very far by Houston standards.

We stayed at the Harbor House in Galveston pre-cruise last year, and that's about as close to the dock as you can get.

Thanks Ranger, I appreciate your input. How is the San Luis Resort or the Hilton? Do you prefer staying at the Harbor House instead? I am really looking forward to this trip next March, never have been to TX so it will be nice to try another port other than FL, Baltimore and San Juan.

Don't know anything about the Hilton or San Luis. The Harbor House is an old warehouse turned into a Hotel. It was nice place to stay. We decided to stay right by the dock instead of anywhere else on the island. Took my parents up and down the Strand. We'll try the Tremont next time we decide to stay.

I've stayed at both of the Westin hotels that are attached to the Houston Galleria, and they are both excellent places to stay. The rooms are comfortable, the facilities are nice and you can stroll into the Galleria without having to deal with traffic. The location is fairly handy to Hobby as well.

Archived