hypothetical

We had the same issue when we booked a RFS. Our oldest daughter decided at the last minute that she didn't want to go. We invited a family friend to come along and join us.

When I called Royal about it (before we decided to bring the friend) I was told that if we canceled a passenger we would be bumped if any other group of five wanted the cabin. I was told that if that happened we would be refunded for the difference between the RFS and what ever cabins we ended up with. We really wanted to have the "suite" experience and we wanted two seperate bedrooms so we decided to treat a friend to a free cruise:rolleyes:. This happened two weeks before the sail date and we had to pay $35 to do a name change.

So let's just say you booked "Royal Family Suite" for 5 people and one can't go. Do you still get the cabin (5 person minimum)?

Hypothetically, are you willing to pay for all five people? If so, put down five names. If they all show up, great. If one doesn't make the ship, enjoy the cabin anyway.

WG, that's what I was thinking. My brother is the 5th person. He may or may not go. I am willing to pay the extra for the suite.

If you are willing to pay the price for five just book it...don't worry what others will think if you have fewer than 5 sail.

Archived