YAHOO It is all booked

Scants

We are sailing on the Carnivaly Victory on May 8, 2005. We have never been on a cruise before. Can anyone give us any tips. As well how does the prepaid tipping work? This trip is for our 1 year anniversary!!! I can't wait.

There are a ton of tips. I have been on 5 cruises and I learn something new with each trip. I would suggest taking the time to read the boards. You will get great ideas from what to do in port to what to pack for the cruise. I'll give you a few items that I have found helpful.

Do your own transfers. You will pay more using the cruiseline. Fly in the day before. It is a great way to start your vacation and makes the day of embarkation less stressful. Research, research, and then research your port of calls, then take your own excursion. The cruiseline excursions are over priced and you feel like you are part of a herd. Bring one of those shoe holders that go over a door and is made of mesh. You won't believe how handy it is.

Final piece of advise...have a ball! It will be a fantastic experience and remember to have the pizza!

HAPPY FIST ANNIVERSARY!

Look into each port and find some excersions (if any) that you want to do. It's better to book it ahead of time so that you have a garenteed spot.

You are probally going to want at least one camera to remember your trip. And make sure you try and join in during activities but don't forget to just relax and enjoy yourself.

Have fun!

By prepaid tips, do you mean the ones that the cruise line adds to your bill? If so, no biggie. You can always change it in the end if you don't think your service was very good. You can also add to them. We ended up giving our waitress an extra large tip in cash. I don't know if they have to declare "cash" tips or not.

Archived