Sheraton Stockholm to Vasa Museum

What is the best transportation from the Sheraton Stockholm Hotel to the Vasa museum?

Can we walk from the Vasa Museum to Skansen?

What is the best transportation from Skansen to Gamla Stan?

I'll answer second and third question:

Can we walk from the Vasa Museum to Skansen?

Normal route via the major road (Djurgårdsvägen) is 0.75 miles but there is a shortcut that is just half a mile (see pictures).

Exiting Vasa turn around and follow left side of building down to the small boat harbour. Turn left and follow harbour past the buildings to the park exit. There

turn left and go to next corner to reach the major road (Djurgårdsvägen). Turn right and continue along the road to Skansen.

(This way you don't need to circle the Nordic Museum making the route shorter.)

What is the best transportation from Skansen to Gamla Stan?

Four options:

1) Walk 0.25 mile to the ferry

2) Take the tram to Kungsträdgården in downtown and walk 0.35 mile to Gamla Stan.

3) Take bus 44 to Djurgårdsbron bridge and change to bus 76.

4) Take bus 44 to Karlaplan and change to the subway (direction Norsborg or Fruängen)

Traffic map:

http://sl.se/scripts/kartor-geografiska/7510.Innerstan.2010.html

vs1.jpg

vs2.jpg

vs3.jpg

Thank you!

The Sheraton Hotel is about 2 blocks from the Central Station. Does anyone know the best way to go from the Sheraton to the Vasa Museum?

Is it possible to walk from the Sheraton to Gamla Stan? Are there pedestrian walkways or is it a busy expressway and better to take a bus?

We will be arriving in Stockholm, early morning (9 hour flight). We're thinking about taking a boat tour. Any suggestions for first day in Stockholm? Second day plans are Vasa Museum, Skansen, Gamla Stan.

The Sheraton Hotel is about 2 blocks from the Central Station. Does anyone know the best way to go from the Sheraton to the Vasa Museum?

I think bus 69 direction Djurgårdbrunn might be best. It should stop somewhere near Central Station but the bus map is a bit messy there so I'm not sure about the exact location. I think its this stop in front of the station but numbers are hard to read on Google maps so hopefully one of the locals can confirm:

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=sv&ie=UTF8&ll=59.330609,18.059168&spn=0.002301,0.007725&z=18&layer=c&cbll=59.330503,18.059266&panoid=Ug6gDB8l8FRHk4y-MVzBPg&cbp=12,220.13,,0,7.22

Is it possible to walk from the Sheraton to Gamla Stan? Are there pedestrian walkways or is it a busy expressway and better to take a bus?

No problem at all to walk! Exiting the hotel turn left and follow Tegelbacken -Jakobsgatan 250 yards to Drottninggatan, Stockholm's busiest pedestrian street that will take you straight to Gamla Stan.

I think bus 69 direction Djurgårdbrunn might be best. It should stop somewhere near Central Station but the bus map is a bit messy there so I'm not sure about the exact location. I think its this stop in front of the station but numbers are hard to read on Google maps so hopefully one of the locals can confirm:

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=sv&ie=UTF8&ll=59.330609,18.059168&spn=0.002301,0.007725&z=18&layer=c&cbll=59.330503,18.059266&panoid=Ug6gDB8l8FRHk4y-MVzBPg&cbp=12,220.13,,0,7.22

No problem at all to walk! Exiting the hotel turn left and follow Tegelbacken -Jakobsgatan 250 yards to Drottninggatan, Stockholm's busiest pedestrian street that will take you straight to Gamla Stan.

Thanks! I'll check the bus 69 route, after exiting the Central Station on my arrival day.

Thanks for walking directions to Gamla Stan.

Any suggestions are places to eat in Gamla Stan, that are not too high priced?

Archived