I Need help finding apps?

rseikaly22

is there any apps for iphone that are for

1) cruising in general

2) carnival cruiseline

3) Travel

I use the Shipmate Carnival app, TripIt (for organizing itineraries), DropBox (for docs), Packing (obvious?). I also have a shortcut to the Carnival mobile website, which you can make by going to carnival.com in Safari, clicking on the middle icon (looks like a box with an arrow coming out of it) and choosing "Add to Home Screen". Kayak is also good for booking flights/hotel rooms.

There are others (Conde Nast, iCruise Cruise Finder, etc) but IMHO, they're not worth it. If it's free, though, like the two I specifically mentioned, go for it and see if they work for you, no money wasted :D

For the I-Phone....

Shipmate has Carnival, RCCL, NCL, Princess, HAL, X and just added last week P&O. (not free for i-phone anymore, but worth the $1.99)

RCCL, NCL & X have their own free apps. (sadly Carnival is way behind the curve on the smartphones, but like somebody already said, they did FINALLY come out with a smartphone configured webpage, last month.)

Marine Traffic app lets you folow where any ship is anytime.

There is a Carnival Horn app for fun.

There is a city walks series of apps. I've downloaded Key West and Nassau so far.

Also got a My Virgin Islands app, Welcome to the Virgin Islands app, and an iCruise finder app. (but I haven't had time to really delve into any of them yet)

I have the Southwest and Delta airlines apps. (what we have here in Charleston)

Kayak and Kayak flight status.

Expedia and Travelocity apps.

Most hotel chains have their own apps now. (I just have a few that we like to use.)

Pretty much any companies app is usually free.

I always try free apps and just delete if they are poor.

Any $.99 or $1.99 apps I really on good ratings after they have been out awhile.

Good luck....

Smartphones are definitely fun to research with.

Bill

Shipmate is good....but I think the Pride has broke down. It has been in Freeport for about 4 months.

I don't think the ship tracking part of shipmate has worked from the start.

(Legend has been sitting between Cuba and Grand Cayman since I got it months ago.)

The other parts of the shipmate app, the deck plans, the excursion planning, expense planning, etc.. are top notch.

I use the Marine Traffic app for tracking the ships.

Bill

Not really, multiple good apps came up on the first page, as well as links to other threads asking the same thing.

In over 1200 posts, you've never asked a question that could have been googled, but you prefered to have the answers of like minded people on this board?

Archived