Kids club questions

Does the kids area close during the day or is it always open during sea days?? We have only sailed Carnival in the past and that was one thing I didn't like, they closed from about 11-2 every day. We would drop my son off at 9 and have to turn around and pick him up at 11 and HE wasn't ready to leave!

Also I am getting conflicting answers from NCL FAQ section about port days. We haven't decided if we are going to take all of the kids off the boat every port day. I plan on at least taking them off at 2 or 3 but we're not sure about one of the days. Both my 3 year old and 5 year old are fully potty trained, but ANY kid could possibly have an accident, especially if they get caught up in playing and "forget." I understand they staff cannot help them in the bathroom, but if I bring a change of clothes will the staff allow the child to take care of it themselves? Both my children can dress themselves all they would have to do is hand them their clothes. Plus I would be PAYING them to watch my kids so we can enjoy our day at port without the kids. Has anyone ever had an issue with this??? One spot says that someone will have to stay on the ship if the child is not potty trained, but it doesn't say anything about accidents!

Last but not least... Does anyone have the kids dailies they can scan for me for the 3 year old range and the oldest (10-12 I believe) I have the 6-9 year old activities, but I really want the older kids group activities so I can show my 12 year old daughter what kind of things there are to do. She isn't sure she wants to go to the kids club area at all and I want her to have fun (but I don't necessarily want her running around the ship on her own).

The Kids Crew is open from 9:00 a.m. until 1:30 a.m. every day. When in port, it is group babysitting and there is a fee ($6 per hour for the first child, an additional $4 per hour for subsequent siblings). Regular scheduled activities (free) resume after leaving port and until 10:30 p.m., where the group babysitting (fee) resumes until 1:30 a.m.

On sea days, there are organized activities all day from 9:00 a.m. until 10:30 p.m. when the group babysitting (fee) goes until 1:30 a.m. Is that more clear?

Don't know about accidents... so I can't answer that. But, we are very nervous about leaving our kids on board while we go ashore... it would be an absolute HORROR if we missed the ship for some reason! :eek:

Carnival's site said it was open all day as well but we didn't find out till we got on the boat that they closed for lunch so we were wondering if NCL did the same thing.

I haven't decided if we are leaving my youngest on board at all during this cruise, but I would only do it if I couldn't find something he would enjoy at a specific port. It's not fare to him to make him sit through something he would find boring and none of us would have fun as he is 3 and very verbal when he is unhappy and bored. We didn't have a problem leaving my oldest on board when he was about the same age so I don't see us having any issues with my younger one either.

Also it is very rare that people are actually left behind. It is important that you get back to the dock at the right time but if they are tendering they will continue to tender till there is no one in the tender line. We experienced that in Cayman on our last cruise. We got to the dock 30min before we were scheduled to leave and the line was backed up around the corner and they left about 30min or so later than scheduled because the tenders were backed up. Most of the people who get left behind are usually intoxicated =) I wouldn't worry about leaving a child on board, I think a lot of people do and don't have any problems.

We were having a snack in the Blue Lagoon one port day and one of the counselors from the Kids Club came in with a few kids to have chicken fingers and sundaes... they were having a great time (he was telling jokes, playing I Spy with them, and what made me laugh was that he immediately had the knives removed from the table, LOL). I don't think they have a set schedule for port days but they're definitely open and the kids were really enjoying themselves.

The Kids Crew is open from 9:00 a.m. until 1:30 a.m. every day. When in port, it is group babysitting and there is a fee ($6 per hour for the first child, an additional $4 per hour for subsequent siblings). Regular scheduled activities (free) resume after leaving port and until 10:30 p.m., where the group babysitting (fee) resumes until 1:30 a.m.

On sea days, there are organized activities all day from 9:00 a.m. until 10:30 p.m. when the group babysitting (fee) goes until 1:30 a.m. Is that more clear?

Don't know about accidents... so I can't answer that. But, we are very nervous about leaving our kids on board while we go ashore... it would be an absolute HORROR if we missed the ship for some reason! :eek:

Hi 2Cruise,

Do you recall what time the kids crew stops charging a fee on nights when the ship stays in port (ie Bermuda)? Also, is the crew open the first night of the cruise? Thanks!:)

Archived