Docks on The Carnival Victory Itinerary

Before I left on the cruise on May 8th I tried to find out what I could about the Piers (docks) on the Carnival Victory Itinerary. I have physical limitations and wanted to prepare myself mentally and physically for long walks and a whole lot of pain if I needed to. I know what it's like to walk off a ship and look down the pier and think to myself, "OMG you've got to be kidding me, there's no way I can make it." Well I didn't know there was a wheelchair service with the ship that they will bring you where you need to go or you can rent the chair for the day. I didn't find this out until almost the last day I was on the cruise.

However, in St Thomas the ship docks right there at the opening of the gate that you walk through to the shopping area. In Barbados the dock is somewhat long and even longer if your not the first one in port that day. I would recommend getting the wheel chair service that day. In St. Lucia, again the ship docks right there at the shopping area. Not much walking at all!! In St. Kitts, there is a wonderful man that drives a long golf cart that sits 7 people and he will bring you from the ship to the shopping area for $1.00. It's well worth the money. This dock can be quite a walk depending on your physical limitations. In St. Maarten, again there was a wonderful man that sits at the side of the ship and when you walk off he's right there to greet you and ask you if you want a ride. He as well only charges a $1.00. The pier in St. Maarten also has benches all down the centre of it. So if you have the ability to walk and need to rest every few feet you can.

I hope this helps those who worry like I did. Let the worrying stop and let the fun begin, remember YOUR ON VACATION!! :D

Archived