June 29th Anchoarge to Vancouver Land Excursions

kspiteri

As we are more independent, we are probably going to book our land excursions on our own. We are certain that every port will have interesting characteristics but instead of purchasing a package deal (i.e. Discovery Collection) it may be better to pick and choose what we want to do. Is this a good approach to take in Alaska? It is our first cruise. Thanks.

Many of us routinely do our own. I suggest, though, that you go to your roll call and see if others are looking for companions on their do-your-own tours already set up.

One thing I noticed in doing a little research for our August 14th cruise is that there isn't always a big price difference (in Alaska) between ship's tours and DIY tours. I'm talking about trips like the flight to Misty Fjords, for example. That may be because however you do it, it's going to be on a small seaplane.

And some of the ports are just good walking-around locations.

Mura

As we are more independent, we are probably going to book our land excursions on our own. We are certain that every port will have interesting characteristics but instead of purchasing a package deal (i.e. Discovery Collection) it may be better to pick and choose what we want to do. Is this a good approach to take in Alaska? It is our first cruise. Thanks.

kspiteri - we are on this cruise too. Check the roll call for the 6/29 cruise. Members have posted their on-your-own choices. This is our 1st cruise to Alaska & 1st cruise on Oceania. It seems that the people on the roll call have mostly selected on-your-own excursions, as did we. Good luck!

Lisa

Archived