Family All Inclusive Resort

IslandToIsland

Hmmmm....I thought the Aura was the adult option and the Sabor was the family option? Anyone know for sure? I believe the Aura is located within or next door to the Sabor? At any rate, they are somehow affiliated.

OK, I see now after reading the website again....the adult option is the Sabor ("Wyndham" on the website), the "boutique" option is the Aura (which is also adults only), and the family option does appear to be the Melia (not specifically mentioned, but the pictures do appear to be of the Melia).

We've done a day pass at the Melia. The food was just so so. The service was fine. We had to stay at the pool because the sea was totally brown in front of the Melia. The dock for El Cozumeleno often traps massive amounts of seaweed in front of the Melia. It was bad when we were there and bad when our son and his wife stayed at the Melia. A better option would be Mr. Sanchos. They had adult, child and teen pricing on their AI package. We were there May 26 - food and service were great. Beach is the best I've seen on Cozumel - much better than the beach at Aura, where we stayed for a week last year.

The kids and adults all had a great time and there were plenty of kids there. The food, service, beach, drinks all first rate! They didn't have all the blow up stuff in the ocean which was perfect. I don't like all that stuff blocking my view and the kids didn't miss all that stuff either! It was a great family day! Last time we went to Paradise Beach with the kids. The all like Nachi much better!;)

• 1 month later...

Hi Tracey: Hope you both are doing well! We are Mark and Terry - were with you for a day pass in Antigua (sailing?). We will be in Cozumel Sept. 20 on the Legend. We are doing the day pass to the Melia - we like the hotel atmosphere, good pools, with the all inclusive and non-motorized water sports. Two years ago we did an all -inclusive for the same rate at the Fiesta Americana in Coz, but cannot get that now - websites advertise it, but when you use Live Chat they don't know what you are talking about! Have a great next cruise or two!

Archived