NOLA dinner with kids

CruisingLPN

My kids can be picky eaters. I'm afraid alligator and oysters are not for them. Can anyone suggest a casual place in NOLA for dinner that has a kids menu or some "plain food" they could split? I've read mixed reviews about Mother's. Would that be a possibility? Any recommendations appreciated. Thanks.

There aren't a lot of kid-friendly restaurants downtown. Mother's is pretty good, but is small. with very limited seating, and it is usually packed.

You might try this place (the one on Iberville Street). Good food, reasonable prices, big servings, and a kid's menu.

http://www.deanies.com/

Thanks for the suggestion. Sounds good. Now I'm just worried about the wait for a table downtown on a Saturday night. Maybe it would be easier to eat an earlier dinner in the suburbs. I'm trying to go with the flow, but I don't want to end up at McDonald's. :eek:

We usually go there for lunch, so I don't know how it would be on a Saturday night. It's a big place and they turn tables over pretty quickly, so I don't think it would be a long wait.

You might also think of Margaritaville on Decatur Street. Unlike some of the branches in the islands, it is much more a restaurant than a bar.

My kids can be picky eaters. I'm afraid alligator and oysters are not for them. Can anyone suggest a casual place in NOLA for dinner that has a kids menu or some "plain food" they could split? I've read mixed reviews about Mother's. Would that be a possibility? Any recommendations appreciated. Thanks.

Hi Cruisin,

Here's some great info about experiencing New Orleans with kids. We have a lot to see, do and eat for the whole family.:D

http://www.neworleanskids.com/eat.html

Hope this helps.

Jorge

That link was helpful. Think I've narrowed it down to Deanies, Copeland's Chesescake Bistro, and Mother's. I would like an authentic place for DH and I with traditional offerings for the kids. I know food is subjective, but which place has the best po'boys and/or seafood? Thanks.

Archived