Capnpugwash is back on the high seas, BTB on QM2

capnpugwash

Final update.

As this is the final evening the dress code is elegant casual to make things easier for passengers to complete their last minute packing. I am just getting ready for dinner. We are due south of Penzance in Cornwall and are well on our way along the English Channel. There are no changes to either the weather or to the sea state, there are a few white horses on the surface and the water is a blue grey colour.

Unless something exciting happens, this posting will be the final one for this trip. It has been memorable and a lot of fun. Thanks for sharing my musings and I hope that they have amused you. I appreciate your kind words and support; I’m off for a gin and tonic!

Fin

Thank you, Capn. I hope that you had a chance to pop over to the Holland America Roll Call board for the ROTTERDAM's July 12, NYC to Rotterdam crossing to see the abstracts of your recent musings here. All of the comments from the good folks over there have been quite positive.

Regards,

Frank

Thank you for all your postings. They have been truly wonderful and an excellent way to cross, if even vicariously. In that regard, reading the last post, I even felt a twinge of "last day at sea" blues, however, like actual cruises, they are tempered by knowing that there will be more postings, in short order. Wishing you "Safe Home."

Capn --

Thanks again for sharing your journey. As a first time TA traveler this October reading your posts has been great for letting me know the many opportunities this trip presents.

Safe journeys ---

Tracy

Capn --

Thanks again for sharing your journey. As a first time TA traveler this October reading your posts has been great for letting me know the many opportunities this trip presents.

Safe journeys ---

Tracy

Tracy, you are in for a treat. As they say, you always remember your first time! :D Just did my first TA in May. Loved it . Enjoy!

Allo, Jim:

I enjoyed our visits on the June 3rd crossing. Happy to hear that your return trip featured more interesting seas.

I noticed that the Winter Garden, sans "art" auctions, was more peopled (and enjoyed by all), at all hours, than I have ever experienced. It really is a flexible, useful space.

We'll be aboard for the Christmas/New Year cruise, and I'm anxious to see what changes, if any, are wrought during the upcoming drydock visit.

Best regards,

John

Cap'n, glad to see you are back at sea. JoAnn and I are considering the Sept. 2012 crossing from UK. We had such a great time last year, we remember when you hosted the meet & greet and we got to put faces with the posts. Maybe we will see each other again on that wonderful ship!

Enjoy your time.

Capn. You will like this. I'm looking forward to going back to New Forest. There was a gentlemen sitting on a bench waiting for the pub to open while all the tourists were about. He told me that his dog had such a nice coat because he threw him into the "river" to get clean. He also told me that I shouldn't worry about the dog across the way howling because he was just being castrated. You would think that sailing on the QM2 would give me a little more sophistication, but apparently not. It took me days to realize that the dog wasn't thrown into the river. We will take that same voyage again on Aug. 22 and I hope to see that same gentleman and his dog because I'm planning to take a special treat.

Thank you again for keeping me there. And thank you for the detailed voyage. I can't wait. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Capn, thanks for sharing that lunch in Todd English with me. And yes that chocolate dessert was very wicked but oh so delicious.

I don't think an earlier question posted was answered, if so I apologize if I'm repeating.

I was aboard June 10-July 1 and during that time Stanley was the Assistant Maitre d' in the Britannia dining room. Since my table was on deck 3 I had the benefit of seeing Stanley every evening. What a very nice gentleman.

Again Capn - thank you for your excellent company.

Linda

Archived