SO many Question about the DAWN!!!Special 40th Anniversary celebration(sailing 4/17)

I'm so happy to have found this website!!! I have booked with cruise for a 40th wedding aniversary celebration for my parents and all my family, we are about 13 traveling including young children. We all have inside lower floor cabins. I want to make this trip special for my parents and somewhat hassel free for those traveling with young children. A few questions:

1. Can anyone help us with dinner reservations, we will not have conceirge status and I want to have a least one special dinner for my parents.

2. Will the ship do something special because we are doing an anniversary celebration?...who do we tell? What can/will they do?

3. Can we make reservations for dinner the day we board the ship, when we board on Sunday can we reserve for Monday, tuesday, Wednesday ect.....??

4. Will the pool be open on 4/17 and 4/18 does it depend on the temp?

5. We have a 11 year old with us, can she still get into the Teen-Dance??

6. I'v heard the restaurant Salsa is good.....hard to reservations?

ANy other info any of you can share would be great!! We are so excited!!!! Can't wait!!!!:) :D

Join the roll call for 4/17, lots of people going. From what I have read it is easy to make reservations, do it a day before. They will accomodate your special occasion, just let them know. I think you can even email them now to set something up. I don't know about the ages for the teen dance. I would think she would be in the younger age group and there are special activities for them as well as times for the disco.

Might I suggest one of the best values onboard. You must order in advance and I have added a link to the website:

Romance Packages at Sea

HONEYMOON / ANNIVERSARY PACKAGE

* Prices are subject to change. A 15% gratuity will be added for all massages and wraps

Item #504 - $79.00 per stateroom

Sparkling Wine and strawberries in your stateroom upon embarkation

Canapés delivered to your stateroom one evening

Honeymooners' Champagne and Cake party

Honeymoon photograph

Romantic dinner for two in the Bistro with a complimentary bottle of wine

http://www.ncl.com/more/bon_voyage_list.htm#honeymoon

1. Can anyone help us with dinner reservations, we will not have conceirge status and I want to have a least one special dinner for my parents.

There is a reservation desk in the lobby and they will be very helpful

2. Will the ship do something special because we are doing an anniversary celebration?...who do we tell? What can/will they do?

If you don't get the package above just let the resturant staff know. They have cakes and will sing "Let me Call you Sweetheart."

3. Can we make reservations for dinner the day we board the ship, when we board on Sunday can we reserve for Monday, tuesday, Wednesday ect.....??

You can make reservation when you board for at least that night and the next. If they bend the rules perhaps other nights as well but the first 2 for sure.

4. Will the pool be open on 4/17 and 4/18 does it depend on the temp?

It should be weather and seas permitting. It was open in Feb. :)

5. We have a 11 year old with us, can she still get into the Teen-Dance??

Don't believe so - check with someone who has cruised with younger kids.

6. I'v heard the restaurant Salsa is good.....hard to reservations?

No harder then any other - enjoy

Like Jett456 said join us in Roll Call. They aren't going to let an 11 year old into the teen club. We are traveling with 2-11 year olds and 2-12 year olds, all girls who will be in the kids crew. They generally have a great time. The only time my kids didn't have fun in the kids crew was when we took them out of school to go to Alaska. They were the only kids in their age group on the cruise so there wasn't much in the way of activities. This will definately not be the case on this crews.

Like Jett456 said join us in Roll Call. They aren't going to let an 11 year old into the teen club. We are traveling with 2-11 year olds and 2-12 year olds, all girls who will be in the kids crew. They generally have a great time. The only time my kids didn't have fun in the kids crew was when we took them out of school to go to Alaska. They were the only kids in their age group on the cruise so there wasn't much in the way of activities. This will definately not be the case on this crews.

Thanks for all your great responses. Do you have to sign up for kids crew before hand or are you automatically able to access the activites depending on your age. We also have a 2year old, and an alomst 5 year old. My 11 year old will be shy at first but would love to get together with some other girls her age I'm sure!!!:)

They usually have sign up for the kids crew the first night. There is a meeting and the schedule of activities is available. After she (all the kids) is signed up she can attend whatever she wants. They break the groups into ages 3-5, 6-9, and 10-12. Teens are 13-17. Sometimes the change the grouping a little I think if they have a REALLY big amount of one age they may make adjustments. I've only seen it once. If you miss the sign up the first night you can sign up afterwards but you have to be signed up in order to participate. I really believe participating in the kids group will make her enjoy the cruise much more. When my kids were very young we went on the Big Red Boat. They loved it. When they were older and we took them on a cruise they didn't want the kids crew. They thought they were too old. I told them they had to go the first day. After that if there was a kids crew activity, that's where they were.

They usually have sign up for the kids crew the first night. There is a meeting and the schedule of activities is available. After she (all the kids) is signed up she can attend whatever she wants. They break the groups into ages 3-5, 6-9, and 10-12. Teens are 13-17. Sometimes the change the grouping a little I think if they have a REALLY big amount of one age they may make adjustments. I've only seen it once. If you miss the sign up the first night you can sign up afterwards but you have to be signed up in order to participate. I really believe participating in the kids group will make her enjoy the cruise much more. When my kids were very young we went on the Big Red Boat. They loved it. When they were older and we took them on a cruise they didn't want the kids crew. They thought they were too old. I told them they had to go the first day. After that if there was a kids crew activity, that's where they were.

Thanks! That is a great idea to tell them to go the first day. We have done this with other things and it always seems that "parents know best" because they always enjoy it!!! Thanks for the info. we will be sure to sign up. :D

When you go on the board there are the breakdown of cruise lines and a little further down is a section called roll call. Find NCL on roll call and then find Dawn 4/17. There are tons and tons of postings to it. A get together is planned on Monday 18 at sea. Please check it out!

Archived