Self Disembarkation

rosler28

I have a plan for our cruise, can I set it out to you experienced guys and you let me know if any part of it is not viable or risky. I plan to take a half bottle of champagne on board for the sailaway instead of the dreaded PA, I also plan to self disembark, I would like to take breakfast first (what time is breakfast available from?), and meet the taxi outside the Mayflower Pier to the airport at 9a.m. having cleared customs etc; Is all this possible in the timescale, Thanks, Phil

I have a plan for our cruise, can I set it out to you experienced guys and you let me know if any part of it is not viable or risky. I plan to take a half bottle of champagne on board for the sailaway instead of the dreaded PA, I also plan to self disembark, I would like to take breakfast first (what time is breakfast available from?), and meet the taxi outside the Mayflower Pier to the airport at 9a.m. having cleared customs etc; Is all this possible in the timescale, Thanks, Phil

Crikey, a whole half a bottle, why don't you stay for the whole sail away.:eek: That will be a fun party.:)

Just what IS the dreaded PA? We did both East and West crossings last Summer (May/August 2010). On the East bound crossing the self-disembarkation worked like a charm, but on the return it seemed that half of the ship had the same idea. As a result, we've decided to wait until Cunard throws us off the next time we sail, one might as well relax and enjoy the last morning, eh?

I would advise selecting your breakfast the day before (storing it in your refrigerator) and having a nice breakfast anywhere you like on the morning of disembarkation. If memory serves, the lines to the Kings Court were horrible on those mornings. Just HORRIBLE! :D

Just what IS the dreaded PA? We did both East and West crossings last Summer (May/August 2010). On the East bound crossing the self-disembarkation worked like a charm, but on the return it seemed that half of the ship had the same idea. As a result, we've decided to wait until Cunard throws us off the next time we sail, one might as well relax and enjoy the last morning, eh?

I would advise selecting your breakfast the day before (storing it in your refrigerator) and having a nice breakfast anywhere you like on the morning of disembarkation. If memory serves, the lines to the Kings Court were horrible on those mornings. Just HORRIBLE! :D

Is it not possible to have breakfast in the Britannia on the day of embarkation?

PA is the Pol Acker, the sparkling wine you receive in your cabin. No one seems to like it.

The Brittania dining room is another option for breakfast.

Julie:)

I'm one of those NOT eager to rush off the ship eary on the morning of our last arrival... So, if you choose to have your last breakfast in the Britannia on the day of disembarkation, what are the hours on that (i.e. How late can we show up?), and what do people do with their carry off bags during breakfast, as I'm assuming it's best and preferred by Cunard that we vacate our room and the remainder of our things if we're going to breakfast on the later side...

Or is there such a thing as late check out on a ship, for those that want breakfast in the Britannia, so you can leave your carry off items there while you dine? I was told on here that 8:30 am is the magic hour to be out of your stateroom. That seems awfully early to me. I'm usually not even ready for breakfast until 9:30 or 10.

If I remember correctly, the restaurants all shut at 8 am.

Well, that kills my idea of waking up at 4:30 am to watch the sights of New York as we come back in, and then going back to bed for an hour or two, followed by a Britannia breakfast! Guess I'll be skipping the back to bed part!!

Archived