Platinum!

huxlemo

Nope it doesn't matter. As long as someone is platinum in your group.

define GROUP

I've seen "family get-togethers" (probably 30-40) broken up at the embarkation line because not all cruising in a cabin in which one of the members was PLATINUM ? (around 2 years ago).

Grand Cayman will actually tell you they do not work for Carnival.

Their response to your platinum card,

GET TO THE BACK OF THE LINE !

The last three times we have been there after the so called priority tender rule change :rolleyes:

Well they should still be aware of the 'perks'? Did you ever mention this when back on board? Curious as to response of Carnival (why give a perk like this if it actually can't be 'granted' in many cases?)

They called ahead for a time for our canapes also. Our last cruise was plat and it was a 5 day. We got both the petit fours and canapes on 2 seperate nights. I think we were only suppose to get one. We did the free slot tournament, we each got a silver picture frame. We got personalized stationary, which would normally be a waste, but it came in handy when I had to leave a note for my parents that I was in the infirmary. The VIP embarking was great and disembarking was even better. Gonna try the wash and fold next time.

define GROUP

I've seen "family get-togethers" (probably 30-40) broken up at the embarkation line because not all cruising in a cabin in which one of the members was PLATINUM ? (around 2 years ago).

We have had as many as 8 in our group for tendering.....

I noticed this a lot on the Inspiration. Lots of questions like how many cruises, favorite ship, etc. Most also said "Welcome home".

Staff did not even bat an eye on the Dream. Not one crew member said a word.

Just got off the Dream, and found the opposite. Staff seemed "tuned"in to our cards and called us by name.:cool:

This is waht you should expect as a platinum guest. Some day, without advance notice, you will return to your cabin to discover that someone has left a few shrimp and fish bits on a plate to get warm in your room. Usually this will happen when you return to your room after spending 5 or 6 hours at dinner and after dinner activities.

Since you aren't humgry, you will think for about 5 seconds about consuming shrimp that have been sitting your cabin for 5 hours, then you will either leave the plate on the desk or put it out in the hallway.

DW and I contact Guest Services and ask them to hold the canapes and petit fours. We request cheese and crackers instead and this has worked for each of our Platinum cruises.:D

My wife and I are about to join you in September as we will go Plat.

my question is the return to ship tender - is there priority - front of line service at the port to return to the ship?

i think i remember some discussion about this in the past but i never saw a final statement on this.

thanks

Go to the front of the line and show them your card. Security guys should know about it. Have done this several times including at GC and no problem.

Go to the front of the line and show them your card. Security guys should know about it. Have done this several times including at GC and no problem.

Don't you have to get thru port authority first? I have never seen any ship security working at the port of entry......

the only perk i really like is how the help treats you when you flip your card out, even addressing you by name.

almost like they used to treat everybody.

We got our platinum in May this year, we went to ask a question and we also were in only one in line who was platinum so we went to the Platinum line only be be told, get at the back of the line..so much for being Platinum we only had a really quick question at that..this was on the Liberty sailed May 14. On the other hand we got all kinds of chocolate covered strawberries, about 4 times, along with the other things. Otherwise we had a really good time, maybe the man who told us to get to the back of the line was having a bad day, yep it can happen to women and men lol

I don't believe you should have been turned away from the special concierge line for platinum guests - what's up with that???

I turned platinum on the 2nd half of my b2b and was thrilled to finally get into the 'special' line - had a question on the last day so lined up behind a japanese lady who was trying to get some help - turns out there was a language barrier and she was unaware she was in the wrong line (not platinum) and the purser behind the desk was quite flustered trying to get her to go to the 'regular' line as she knew I was platinum- she apologized profusely for the wait - I had no problem with this at all and understood her frustration - but she sure did try to do her best to serve me!

Well they should still be aware of the 'perks'? Did you ever mention this when back on board? Curious as to response of Carnival (why give a perk like this if it actually can't be 'granted' in many cases?)

Yes I did have a conversation with both the Carnival Security at Grand Cayman and when we re-boarded at the guest service desk.

Their reply was , "your gonna love this :D"

Well thats true , there CG employees and they don't work for Carnival and they don't have to honor Carnival rules .

It wasn't a problem for me ,just a bit embarrassment in trying to get bk on the ship per their new perks.:(

Working our way towards Platinum status, we've only recently starting cruising on Carnival but so far we have enjoyed each cruise we've gone on. We're already Diamond on RCI and Elite on Celebrity so we decided that we may as well reach VIP status on Carnival that way we can enjoy perks on all of our cruises. Oh well I guess Princess will be next!

Archived