parking at southampton

freshnotfrozen

we will be traveling from the north east of england on the day of departure about a 5.5 hour drive.we are trying to find a meet and greet company.has anyone any ideas please.also what is the parking system at the actual terminal.many thanks.

Use C&PS, who operate at each terminal. You need to pre-book but they do a good job.

Cunard parking is very expensive on the dock - Cunard have it stiched up. We live 25 miles away and it always pays 4 of us to book private hire. Google "cruise parking Southampton" and you will find nearby parking with transfers. I cannot vouch for them as I have never used them. The actual car park is at a place called Marchwood and its a 15/ 20 min transfer to the dock

http://www.holidayextras.co.uk/port-parking/southampton/great-prices.html

I would not use an overnight hotel with free parking as you never know what they do with the car !

Hope that helps

I have used CPS valet parking at the dock many times and always found the service excellent. I never worry leaving my car with them and it is the most convenient option. I would recommend CPS to friends. Unfortunately they seem to have got increasing expensive.

For our last cruise I looked at the Marchwood operation. Yes it is cheaper but reviews are quite mixed. Will the transfer bus be as regular as you would expect, will the transfer take longer than advertised and will you be able to get on the transfer bus (as it is full and you have wait for the next) and what is the customer service like? I would google for peoples experiences.

In the end we booked a stay and parking package at the Mercure Dolphin Hotel. The hotel is near the dock. They reserve you a parking space in the hotel car park. You keep your keys. The hotel provides bed, breakfast and taxi transfers to/from the dock. This was all significantly less expensive than CPS parking at the dock for ten nights. It all worked very well. The hotel called us a taxi on the day of embarkation and we called one after disembarkation. Other hotel do similar packages though some of them are quite away from the centre of Southampton so increase transfer times.

Personally I would use CPS or a Southampton hotel stay and parking package.

Hope that helps, Stephen.

• 1 month later...
we will be traveling from the north east of england on the day of departure about a 5.5 hour drive.we are trying to find a meet and greet company.has anyone any ideas please.also what is the parking system at the actual terminal.many thanks.

DON'T DO IT!! Too much risk and worry! Plus think of the 5.5hrs 300mile drive back after your super holiday.....

Get the train either on the day, or day before hand. So simple and easy to do! See my reply on your other posting re traveling there.

At worst, drive down the day before and stop over, if you can find a place with a sensible parking rate!

MrH

Archived