Steakhouse wine and menu question

We are four couples travelling together. If we eat at the steakhouse the first night I undertand you get a free bottle of wine. Would each couple get a free bottle? Do we have to make separate reservations and then ask to be seated together? Also, one member of our party would want to order a hamburger. I realize it is not on the menu but is this possible?

Lori

To get two bottles of wine would require two reservations. I would imagine that you could ask to be seated at the same table once you arrive at the steakhouse.

As for the hamburger, I'm sure they would be able to accommodate that request but thirty bucks seems a bit steep for a burger...

:)

Thanks Mach. So if we have four reservations, one for each couple, would we get four bottles? Thanks, for the hamburger info. She doesn't so much care about the price, just really likes hamburgers.:D

Yup separate ressies then ask to be seated together.. also when you do book I would make the special request for the hamburger at the same time... I would try to sway her to the 9oz filet mignon... I am a burger lover and only eat filets.. it is AWESOME at the steakhouse.. she I am telling you will not be disappointed...;)

Yup separate ressies then ask to be seated together.. also when you do book I would make the special request for the hamburger at the same time... I would try to sway her to the 9oz filet mignon... I am a burger lover and only eat filets.. it is AWESOME at the steakhouse.. she I am telling you will not be disappointed...;)

Thanks KruznKel, I will let her know. Should we make reservations before we leave for the first night?

Where did you find out about the free wine? We've been searching on carnival.com and can't find any reference to this.

We'd like to book for the first night....Possibly on the 5th day as well since it will be our 20th anniversary.

Happy anniversary!! I found out about the free wine by reading the boards.

Thanks Mach. So if we have four reservations, one for each couple, would we get four bottles? Thanks, for the hamburger info. She doesn't so much care about the price, just really likes hamburgers.:D

Yeah, four reservations... four bottles of wine. They would most likely seat y'all at two four tops so you'd need to ask that the tables be close together...

Where did you find out about the free wine? We've been searching on carnival.com and can't find any reference to this.

We'd like to book for the first night....Possibly on the 5th day as well since it will be our 20th anniversary.

It's an unpublished promotion. I found out about it from some folks who were on a cruise on the first ship that offered it. I got in touch with a friend of mine at Carnival and he confirmed that it was now available on all ships with steakhouses.

We are 3 couples who recently cruised the the Freedom with a prebooked reservation for 6 on the first night. Upon boarding we went to the steakhouse and dicussed this with the staff member taking reservations, we were told that if we made 3 seperate reservations for 2, then each couple would get a free bottle of wine, BUT they would not seat us together when we arrived, only how we were booked. We were also told there were only 2 wine selections, a Merlot and a Chardoney. We did not change our reservation. When we arrived at our reservation time we spoke with the matre'd who told us the same thing, upon a calm,polite discussion, they did allow us 2 bottles for the 6 of us. We had a wonderful dinner and enjoyed our Merlot(which tasted closer to a Cabernet,which we prefer).The only dinner complaint was a change in the lobster bisque, now served over only toatsed bread cubes, not lobster meat as before, also the taste was more cream then lobster flavor) Everything else was great. I still don't agree with the wine policy, but on the same hand , it wouldn't stop us from going on the first night again.

Archived