Trip Report: Oasis of the Seas 5/14-5/21...tons of pictures

I say YES bring it :) And hopefully you will be able to do LIVE on your next cruise :)

I am research for my next LIVE cruise report I know I'll need to type up report offline then paste it once I'm online. But need to find a fast way to upload pic to post it here. I found out flickr isn't a great place since i need to do several clicks to get right url. Do you have any recommend on pic hosting/sharing that will be quicker?

yup same here. every cruise i always bring 2 lens. but for our upcoming panama canal cruise next week. im still trying to decide if i should bring a third lens which is the 55-250is zoom lens...

• 7 months later...

mr.jdm - this was an AWESOME review! The Western itinerary looks great and I loved the pictures and your daily recaps of what you did was SO helpful as well. We are getting so excited for our trip in November - especially when we see such great pictures of the ship and the islands. Thanks so much for taking the time to write and post!!!

Edited by SnappyNappi

Ok Mr. Jdm. Your pictures pushed me to go out and get myself a Canon t3i for my Oasis trip in August. Can you teach me how to use it?? LOL

woha!! don't know how exactly you teach someone, but my suggestion just start practicing and shooting from now till you sailaway. 56 days right? believe me i still take some blurry shots, since for me everything is a trial and error. read up on the photo section in this forum. watch youtube video. browse thru flicker get ideas on how to compose shots and styles... but mainly all the work is out of the computer, post processing. for me a week on a cruise and a week of computer editing. since you will be having a t3i. shoot in RAW format not jpeg. then upload it on photoshop or lightroom and mess around with the settings until you get the look you like.

thank you everyone. wow im surprised people still go thru our trip report been over a year. sure we miss the oasis, but would probably try the allure or freedom next. but our past cruise have been with HAL panama canal. when caribbean season is back im sure we will be back with RCI.. next stop glacier bay alaska for us.

actually alot of people have asked me that, it would be nice but i think i will stick with being a cruise passenger taking vacation pictures (hobby) and writing trip reports.

you guys find the ship photographer annoying, but everytime i bump into them when i have my camera and equipment with me. they back away.

the equipment they use are pretty basic nikon dslr camera with kit lens, and they shoot in jpeg format print them to and sell them. no time to post process or at least from what i've seen, some of the pictures are just loaded with dust particles on the camera sensor too.

WOW ... really *THE* best pictures I have ever seen in CC!!

great job!

mr.jdm,

you have good camera equipment but you have FAR AWESOME eye & skills!!

thanks for sharing and please continue post them!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...